If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Synagis Marketing Associate Director in Gaithersburg, MD you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Associate Director will be responsible for driving the strategy and tactical management of key multichannel marketing initiatives critical to the success of SYNAGIS. Reporting to the SYNAGIS Marketing Director, the Associate Director will serve as a key member of the marketing team to provide strategic direction and cross-functional collaboration to help drive SYNAGIS to renewed growth. The Associate Director will be accountable for driving the timely and effective execution of the unbranded personal and non-personal promotional campaigns for the brand. This role requires a general manager mindset consistently focused on maximizing the full value of a matrixed work environment. The successful candidate will need to have strong analytic and interpersonal skills, the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with diverse organizational stakeholders, and make important business decisions in tight timeframes that drive successful internal and field implementation efforts. This position requires a candidate to have experience developing and implementing marketing strategies focused on healthcare professionals, consumers and managed markets customers.
- Lead, develop and execute key marketing initiatives focused on HCP, consumer and/or managed markets customers from concept stage to full implementation
- Collaborate with Commercial Learning & Development to develop any necessary sales force training, guidance materials or communications required for effective pull-through of sales force promotional materials
- Create and execute a compelling multichannel unbranded promotional plan based on recent disease state data, current market and customer insights
- Evaluate performance of digital tactics by identifying KPIs to measure impact and reach and engagement to key targets
- Work closely with the Infectious Disease Institutional Sales team to ensure effective pull through of the institutional and IDN strategy
- Manage multiple external vendors and agencies to execute promotional plans to meet the brand strategic and financial goals in a timely and cost-efficient manner
- Collaborate with Corporate Affairs, Medical Affairs and Advocacy teams to inform policy initiatives, advocacy strategy and external expert engagement plans
- Identify market opportunities through market analysis and market strategy assessment
- Contribute significantly to the development of the Brand Strategic Plan and own development of the detailed operational plan
- Form strong collaborative relationships with internal cross-functional partners to prioritize and deliver on marketing functional activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- 8 years of relevant pharmaceutical/ biotech industry experience required
- Demonstrated experience establishing cross-functional project objectives, implementing related tactics, and undertaking a clear assessment of initiative return on investment
- Ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- MBA in relevant field
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of marketing experience preferred
- Experience in HCP, Managed Markets or Business Insights roles
- Experience in digital, multichannel or HCP marketing
- Experience in customer-facing roles
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.