The Associate Director Scientific Training - Oncology (ADST-Oncology) is responsible for leading the scientific content development and training for Medical Affairs activities in support of the oncology therapeutic area and medical brand plan objectives. The ADST partners with the Oncology Learning & Development Manager to develop appropriate content and learning approaches to efficiently and effectively train US Medical Affairs personnel supporting the oncology therapeutic area.
In this role, you’ll also be responsible for content development and execution of Medical Affairs scientific training plans for priority emerging and growth products within the Oncology therapeutic area while developing and delivering programs for continued, episodic scientific development for Medical Affairs personnel supporting Oncology.
* Advanced degree in science-related field, such as Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Medicine (or equivalent)
* Previous clinical or research expertise in oncology diseases
* >3 years managing programs in a team environment
* Strong knowledge of medical learning & development, science liaison teams, medical strategy, and clinical development
* Ability to manage a diverse group of responsibilities
* Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment Desirable Requirements
* Doctorate in Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Medicine, or equivalent
* Minimum 5 years experience in a strategy-setting role within Medical Affairs
* Working knowledge of FDA requirements
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
* Leadership abilities
* Expert technical depth in disease area
* Strategic influencing skills
* Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
* Well-developed initiative ability
* Excellent project management skills
* Strong organization and time management skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
* Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
* Knowledge of information/technology systems Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.