Location:Gaithersburg, United StatesJob reference:
Sep. 16, 2016
If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions -- join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As an Associate Director in Gaithersburg, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will lead and manage a multidisciplinary team to perform research in mass-spec based proteomics and protein biochemistry (protein purification and characterization), and will continue to build proteomics into a Center of Excellence. You will work closely with IS/IT team to enable proteomics, and Interact and collaborate with colleagues across all therapeutic areas (Oncology, Infectious Diseases, Respiratory/Inflammation/Autoimmunity, Cardiovascular/Metabolic diseases, and BioSuperiors) on pipeline delivery. You will interact and collaborate with colleagues across R&D (Research, Translational Medicine, iMEDs) to expand the application of proteomics platform for biomarker discovery, target discovery, disease mechanism study, metabolomics study, etc.
* Ph.D. in a relevant scientific discipline (proteomic, protein biochemistry, disease biology) required, as well as a minimum of five to ten years of professional experience in relevant research
* Experience in applying proteomic approach for a variety of studies, such as target discovery, biomarker discovery, disease mechanism investigation, metabolomics, etc.
* Knowledge in disease biology and translational science is highly desired
* Leader in scientific specialty as evidenced by publications, participation in international conference, etc.
* Has great organizational skill and be a great communicator
* A team player and builder, possess great coaching skills and be skilled at leading multidisciplinary team
* A high output leader, who commits to goals and delivers results
* Has a high degree of integrity and professionalism
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law