A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact. All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
To support the WRD site by managing a vivarium to deliver flawless animal care and welfare. To assure the quality of care and the animal facility environment is in compliance with local regulations and AAALAC International guidelines partnering with Research and Development (TA's, CoE's, DSRD, PDM, platform lines) to facilitate study support.
* Assure that the care and welfare of laboratory animals is provided in compliance with local regulations and AAALAC International guidelines.
* Manage and engage animal care and technical staff in the pursuit of flawless animal care and welfare by ensuring adherence to established policies and procedures.
* Support the career and personal development of the animal care and technical staff.
* Assist with a centralized CM training program for research animal care and use for animal care staff, principal investigators and research technicians throughout WRD.
* Participate in the direction of a centralized CM program of occupational health and safety for all individuals having significant contact with research animals.
* Promote a culture of care for animals and enhancing the application of the 3R's to animal care and scientific projects. Contribute to the evaluation of projects involving the use of animals by considering animal welfare as it relates to research.
* Act as the interface with the research community customer and ensure basic to complex specialty technical services are provided.
* Support operational excellence by collecting metrics for efficiently managing resources. Work with CM colleagues at other sites to share practices in managing resources and standardizing operations.
* Responsible for development and implementation of appropriate quality assurance programs, planning and maintenance of operating budgets, purchase of capital equipment and supplies and effective management of physical resources within CM.