If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions -- join us.
is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As an Associate Director Marketing, Access Services in Gaithersburg, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As a part of the AstraZeneca (AZ) US Access Services team, the Associate Director Marketing reports into Sr. Director of US Access Services and is responsible for all and accountable for specific aspects of the Access Services Marketing strategy, Marketing Operations and Communication planning. Marketing strategy requires development and execution planning of Brand/ Portfolio level strategy plans that maximize customer awareness of AZ’s Access Services programs, assets, and patient support. Marketing Leader is expected to exhibit understanding of digital and print Marketing, strong communication skills, Marketing acumen and ability to collaborate with multiple functions and agencies.
- Accountable for assessing and recommending potential Branding, Marketing and Communication opportunities that create value for Access Services
- Create healthcare professional and patient directed Marketing resources to support multiple Specialty Care franchises.
- Accountable for ongoing enhancements to Access 360 digital and print assets
- Accountable for submissions for required approvals ensuring all programs meet AZ Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance standards
- Identify industry publications, websites and other media to embed Access Services content
- Collaborate with the Brand Leads responsible to launch products and to ensure coordination for messaging and tools. Liaise with Brand, Field Sales teams, MAPS Account Managers and Field Reimbursement Managers, AstraZeneca departments and functional areas to ensure alignment of strategy, objectives and tactics
- Serve as an adviser to the field on matters/issues on A360 support services
- Accountable for A360 communications strategy and plan execution
- Accountable for management of Access360 Marketing brand and functional budget
- Accountable for coaching Marketing Managers and Associates to drive performance and career development
- Own the relationships with vendor partners
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA or other related graduate-level degree is preferred).
- A minimum of 6 years' relevant work experience supporting / managing Marketing responsibilities and patient support programs for brands in the specialty pharmaceutical space
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of all aspects of marketing execution - copywriting, editing and production oversight for all channels of marketing communications (e.g. web, print, media, DM, social media)
- Previous work experience in contracting, outsourcing and managing external vendor partners in healthcare/healthcare reimbursement
- Strong Knowledge of reimbursement and patient assistance programs
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the issues, trends and needs as these relate to healthcare reimbursement and the managed care environment
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of AstraZeneca’s activities related to Patient Access Programs
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding goals and objectives
- Business travel, by air or car, is required for regular internal and external business meetings
- Strategic planning and execution
- Proven experience developing and fully executing marketing campaigns & programs within the biotech environment
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple parallel projects
- Exceptional writing skills (creative and technical)
- Exceptional communication skills to collaborate with internal and external teams
- Building and leading teams
- Financial budget management
- Proficient competency using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Vendor Management
- Previous experience in other functions within the pharmaceutical, biotech or related industry is preferred, e.g., Marketing, Field Account Management, Field Reimbursement, Managed Care Marketing, Customer service & hub operations, etc.
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.