PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for managing business application systems for the Research & Development Quality Compliance (RD&QC) domain, mainly support for North America Region, reporting to the General Manager, Global RD&QC Systems. The responsibilities include implementation / roll-in business applications, leading improvement of service level as a trusted partner for the RD&QC business function working with Global Information Systems in the other regions.
MAJOR DUTIES OF POSITION:
• Manage and represent RD&QC Systems organization in the Americas Region
• Manage the Information Technology component of regional RD&QC projects
• Oversee Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) for RD&QC business domain in the Americas Region
• Manage and lead standardization and integration of Data, Process, and Information Technology in the RD&QC business domain in the region closely working with IS Corporate Manager of RD&QC
• Lead the definition and maintain the architecture of the RD&QC application, Data, and Integration along with the Global Direction
• Build trusted partnerships with business counterparts
• Engage with business and IT leaders to develop a value-driven project portfolio to meet business priorities and investment constraints
• Work closely with Global RD&QC systems organization and Head of Information Technology in the Region to understand, internalize, and incorporate IT strategy into project portfolio
• Work closely with QA organization to institutionalize CSV framework to execute new projects and enhancing current applications
• Create and manage capital and operation budget for RD&QC systems in the Region
• Ensure IT investments enable realization of business objectives, scalability, reduced cost and optimized information flows.
• Monitor service level and lead plan for improvement
• Foster partnership with business and vendor team members to improve systems usage, meet SLA’s and train/retrain employees
• Design and develop organization capability of RD&QC systems, balancing internal and external resources in the Region
• Oversee resource allocation and planning across all projects in RD&QC in the Region.
• Provide coaching and mentorship to project managers with regard to the project management discipline
• Guide resources to connect the latest/best-in-class technology outside and consider value technology for the business domain
• 10 years or more of progressive experience in managing business applications in Research & Development and Quality Compliance business domain.
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience with concentration in Computer Science, RD&QC or related technical discipline. As MS/MBA is plus.
• Deep knowledge of R&D and QC processes, preferably has an experience in Pharmaceutical industry.
• Deep knowledge and experience in PMBOK based project management methodology and track record in successfully delivered large scale projects. PMP certification is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Application Development life cycle, testing methodology, change management and CSV.
• Experience with excellent people management skills to collaborate with mid/large pool of stake holders. Extensive experience in developing and mentoring staff and managing vendors, consultants and other contracted services.
• Strong in logical thinking with necessary focus on details, is organized, and can manage multiple programs and priorities simultaneously.
• Excellent communication skills and should be able to clearly articulate the view point.
• Excellent time management, decision-making, problem solving, presentation, documentation, planning and organization skills.
• Demonstrated ability to drive and manage change in a global organization.