Summary: Manages activities, initiatives and projects that cross multiple sites and above-site functions to ensure franchise success in meeting and delivering annual flu supply, commitments and strategic objectives. Identifies and facilitates resolution of operational issues that put have potential to put seasonal supply and delivery at risk. Acts as liaison among corporate functions and manufacturing sites as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
* Coordinate year-round flu supply readiness execution & product delivery across manufacturing sites, related functions and the supply chain to ensure smooth annual execution of flu annual business cycle; ensure robust linkages among related functions & activities within Supply Biologics and AstraZeneca
* Ensure appropriate coordination and collaboration among site leads, corporate Operations functions, corporate Regulatory Affairs, Logistics, relevant AZ Operations functions, and CMOs (if applicable) to ensure successful manufacture & delivery of products (from raw materials through distribution).
* Ensure appropriate coordination and collaboration among site leads, corporate Operations functions, corporate Regulatory Affairs, Logistics, and R&D to develop and execute successful plans for supply and supply chain improvements to support flu strategies and business commitments.
* Drive prompt resolution of escalated product-focused or systemic operational, quality, technical and logistical issues that have potential impact to supply, execution, strategic initiatives, or business commitments. Escalate appropriately further as needed.
* Communicate effectively to management and stakeholders about current supply status, issues and recommended solutions. Influence and gain stakeholder support as needed.
* Develop new systems, procedures, processes, and tools as needed for the above.
* Manage and lead strategic projects to committed timelines, budget and deliverables as project manager, using the Operations PMO methodology, governance, processes, tools, tracking and reporting. Support continuous alignment and delivery of key domain project portfolios and projects.
* Participate as part of the Operations project management community, to ensure continued alignment, best-practice sharing, and continuous improvement of individual and Operations PMO capabilities
* Build effective relationships with key stakeholders at sites and functions in Supply Biologics and AZ to enhance project delivery & operational execution.
* Maintain full quality & compliance at all times.
10-15 years' experience including manufacturing operations required. Experience with formal project management using defined project management methodology preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
PMP preferred. Lean or six sigma certification preferred.
Bachelors in Science, Engineering, Supply Chain or related field.
MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
MedImmune, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
MedImmune does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune's approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to MedImmune by search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune's approved agency list shall become the property of MedImmune and if the candidate is subsequently hired by MedImmune, MedImmune shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
My company shares my passion for helping to improve human health around the world.
This is My MedImmune
Those who join MedImmune feel a sense of ownership about their future. They thrive with a recognized leader in the biotechnology industry and the wholly-owned subsidiary of AstraZeneca plc. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance science, technology and medicine to develop products designed to help people live better lives. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, integrity and growth opportunities... that encourages both individual contribution and collaborative entrepreneurial thinking. Our products and/or product candidates are designed to address areas of need in infection, oncology, respiratory disease and inflammation, cardiovascular/gastrointestinal disease and neuroscience. Explore a MedImmune career as we strive to better more lives, more often, around the world.