Position Title: Associate Director/Director, Product Management
Reports to: Sr. Director, Strategic Marketing
Department: Commercial Operations Status: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
Sunesis is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of new oncology therapeutics for the treatment of solid and hematologic cancers. Reporting to the Senior Director, Strategic Marketing, the Associate Director/Director, Product Management, will assist in the development and execution of the QinprezoTM (vosaroxin) marketing plan, leading segments of the projects as appropriate. In this hands-on role, there will be considerable emphasis on the initial indication in AML, but with plans to grow the brand more broadly across both hematologic and solid tumors. Our goal is to build leading brands through bold strategies.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support Commercial decision-making and launch strategy for QinprezoTM by delivering actionable insights about key customers and the marketplace.
• Engage and cultivate new and existing KOL relationships to grow the QinprezoTM advocacy base by developing creative and enduring educational and promotional programs, including, but not limited to, peer to peer initiatives.
• Develop plan for monitoring market and competitive landscape, provide guidance for primary and secondary market research studies, and select, hire, and manage vendors to perform relevant, accurate and actionable analyses.
• Provide a holistic, objective and analytical viewpoint of the market and commercial opportunities through ongoing situation analyses and understanding of market dynamics, customer needs, and competitive activities.
• Develop a command of data and information sources and sensitivity to biases in order to establish a strong rapport with internal stakeholders and partner consultatively and strategically with them.
• Develop and execute Sunesis’ disease and brand marketing plans, working with the cross-functional teams.
• Manage external agencies to ensure excellent execution of various marketing programs.
• Coordinate various aspects of key conferences, including organizing events.
• Provide support and market assessments for oncology pipeline products
• Manage junior marketer post VALOR unblinding
• BA/BS required; biological science degree preferred; MBA a plus.
• 3-5 years of strategic consulting or related biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience.
Experience within oncology therapeutic area, preferably hematology.
• General background and understanding of market research methodologies and complexities of market access.
• Previous vendor management experience.
• Strong track record of strategic, analytical, and communication skills with the ability to pay attention to detail and simultaneously assimilate detail into executive level insights.
• Recent launch experience.
• Knowledge of MDS or AML desired but not essential
• Thorough understanding of core marketing principles and their application into pharmaceutical products, the evolving market landscape and the requirements for P&R/market access.
• Good understanding of how to produce strategic brand plans, a good working knowledge of clinical development and regulatory affairs processes.
• Ability to interpret basic scientific and medical data across multiple assets and multiple diseases.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to travel (approximately 20% of time).
• Small company experience a plus.
• Technical knowledge, planning and organizing, building positive work relationships.
• Good negotiation and active listening skills.
To apply for this position, please click Apply to email resume/CV to: Elly Grimaldi
firstname.lastname@example.org / 650.362.3140, Direct dial (office)