* This role will be part of a new group at MedImmune that combines business development and strategy teams to
more proactively and strategically refill and shape our biologics pipeline.
* This person will be working primarily on business development but will also be expected to contribute and be
involved in the strategic discussions about their respective therapeutic area (TA) - CVMD, Oncology, RIA, or ID/NS - and pipeline.
* The person will be identifying innovative opportunities relevant to their TA (focused on P1 and earlier), relevant
academic collaborations for their TA and non-profit/ government opportunities to establish partnerships,
including any relevant technologies that can create significant change for their TA.
Major Duties and Responsibilities (including supervising others):
* Expected to very much to be a hands on role i.e. able to work independently but with the ability to lead a
matrix group and/or to proactively and meaningfully participate in other group led discussions.
* Continuous review of the TA landscape with focus on the areas of interest identified and agreed upon by the
iMED Leaders and Research VPs. These reviews will generate innovative opportunities. These will be further
* Assess these opportunities with a cross-functional team to the stage of developing a recommendation of to
proceed or not to proceed further with diligence.
* Complete transactions for preclinical opportunities. For Phase 1 opportunities we will involve the new GPPS
transactions team and for complicated preclinical deals.
* To be up to date with the latest science and literature and to be able to engage in the science with our scientific
* Manage multiple competing priorities and the ability to prioritize workload as needs evolve across projects.
* Operate independently with high level of integrity given this individual will be frequently working with multiple
external stakeholders including companies, academia and government based organizations.
Experience and skills
1. Deep understanding of the respective TA area -CVMD, Oncology, RIA, ID/NS
2. Functional expertise in BD
3. Background experience with strategy preferred but not required
4. Worked in smaller companies and/or biotechnology companies
5. Excellent cross-functional working in a matrix environment
6. Team player with excellent communication skills
7. Global approach and mindset as we are a global organization
8. Ability to work in a fast changing environment
Education and Qualifications
BA or BS required, MBA or another advanced degree e.g. MS, PhD, strongly preferred. Science based degrees preferred.
MedImmune, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
MedImmune does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune's approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to MedImmune by search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune's approved agency list shall become the property of MedImmune and if the candidate is subsequently hired by MedImmune, MedImmune shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
My company shares my passion for helping to improve human health around the world.
This is My MedImmune
Those who join MedImmune feel a sense of ownership about their future. They thrive with a recognized leader in the biotechnology industry and the wholly-owned subsidiary of AstraZeneca plc. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance science, technology and medicine to develop products designed to help people live better lives. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, integrity and growth opportunities... that encourages both individual contribution and collaborative entrepreneurial thinking. Our products and/or product candidates are designed to address areas of need in infection, oncology, respiratory disease and inflammation, cardiovascular/gastrointestinal disease and neuroscience. Explore a MedImmune career as we strive to better more lives, more often, around the world.