• Develop ‘process’ for the analysis and dissemination of data driven insights throughout the business.
o Provide insights and service to InterMune’s commercial groups – sales, Marketing, market access, BD/licensing and commercial operations, while ensuring objectivity and superior standards of reporting to executive management.
o Develop communication materials to internal stakeholders on inquiries and questions on business process, data and business systems
o Build and maintain strong rapport with commercial functional groups and IT to ensure ongoing decision support needs are met.
o Assure stakeholder ‘buy-in’ of secondary data throughout the organization
• Proactively identify and develop data driven insights and provide recommendations for analysis and reporting best practices.
o Play a significant role in interpreting and providing business insight based on periodic reports and other analyses of secondary data.
o Ensure integrity of underlying data and assumptions.
• Make secondary data procurement decisions and work with multiple data vendors to identify right data needed to support evolving business needs
• Actively manage vendors/consultants across multiple business intelligence and operations functions and datawarehouse /CRM systems, including outsourced processes
o Hold periodic reviews of client service and data accuracy with external data vendors. Develop standard business reports that present critical market information for decision making, and ensure an inclusive process that brings key stakeholders into the design, implementation and analysis of secondary data.
• Play data stewardship (i.e. own the master data at InterMune from business perspective) and advisory role to IT and external system vendors, for managing multiple customer profiles and developing data management rules
• BA or BS degree required, MBA preferred.
• Minimum 6+ years of Business Intelligence and Sales Operations experience in the Pharma/BioTech industry
• Experience with specialty/orphan drugs preferred, especially specialty pharmacy and HUB data management
• Solid understanding of analytics, strong project management and vendor management experience
• Strong proficiency needed in MSOffice (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), database tools and experience with CRM systems like Veeva, and industry secondary data (e.g. Rx or claims data from IMS or WK/Symphony)
• Detailed understanding of sales data tracking systems, CRM systems (Veeva), Data Warehouse and reporting, and tracking KPIs for specialty products
• The ability to collaborate with business stakeholders and IT/Vendors, translate business questions to data driven analytics/reporting with an attention to detail
• Strong verbal, written and stakeholder management skills to effectively influence and manage expectations with Senior Management and cross-functional teams