The Associate Director of Corporate & Science Communications is responsible for developing and executing strategic external communications activities that will advance MedImmune's position as the global biologics R&D arm of AstraZeneca. The right candidate will be responsible for extensive media relations efforts, data/scientific milestones, corporate initiatives/announcements and content creation.
The Associate Director will lead proactive and reactive media efforts with business, science/healthcare and local media, building strong relationships with key reporters. He/she will also help support the media activities of the MedImmune Leadership Team and other senior leaders within the company.
The Associate Director must utilize digital media channels, including the corporate web site and social media tools, into communications programs/campaigns. The Associate Director will also ensure the appropriate utilization and application of the corporate brand, and will have responsibility for both large-scale initiatives and day-to-day Corporate Public Relations operations, including external communications programs supporting our Scientific Leadership and recruitment initiatives.
The Associate Director will be expected to develop and maintain key relationships across the business to insure appropriate support and positioning of key business areas, including the innovative medicines units (iMeds), Research and Business Development. The role will work closely with other Corporate Affairs functions including Internal Communications, Corporate Citizenship and Government Affairs to showcase MedImmune as a patient-centered, scientifically-driven global biotechnology leader.
* Lead key media relations activities for MedImmune, the global biologics R&D arm of AstraZeneca
* Build and maintain relationships with key business and science/healthcare reporters
* Oversee Corporate external communications programs, including use of traditional and new media tactics
* Provide external communications counsel and support for multiple facets of the business, including scientific initiatives, data milestones, corporate news events, issues and crisis management and business development deals
* Write press releases, standby statements, messages and internal news articles as needed
* Prepare executives for media interviews and external events/speaking opportunities, as appropriate
* Represent company at pivotal industry events, medical meetings and scientific forums
* Liaise regularly with AstraZeneca counterparts to coordinate communications/media strategies, materials, activities and messaging impacting the broader business, including communications to financial/investor community
* Manage external PR agency and budgets
* Cross-functional collaboration with multiple stakeholders including iMeds, Medical Affairs, Government Affairs, Legal, Clinical, Regulatory Affairs and Business Development teams to achieve business objectives
* Establish and enforce complex internal approval processes for external communications materials, ensuring compliance with strict regulatory and legal criteria for biopharmaceutical environment
* Demonstrate measurable success of key initiatives
* 8-10 years of progressive public/media relations in or advising in a corporate environment
* 8-10 years experience as media/public relations professional with increasing levels of responsibility
* 4-year college degree, with preference for focus on journalism/communications; Relevant masters or post-graduate work a plus
MedImmune, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
MedImmune does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune's approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to MedImmune by search/recruiting agencies not already on MedImmune's approved agency list shall become the property of MedImmune and if the candidate is subsequently hired by MedImmune, MedImmune shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
My company shares my passion for helping to improve human health around the world.
This is My MedImmune
Those who join MedImmune feel a sense of ownership about their future. They thrive with a recognized leader in the biotechnology industry and the wholly-owned subsidiary of AstraZeneca plc. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance science, technology and medicine to develop products designed to help people live better lives. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, integrity and growth opportunities... that encourages both individual contribution and collaborative entrepreneurial thinking. Our products and/or product candidates are designed to address areas of need in infection, oncology, respiratory disease and inflammation, cardiovascular/gastrointestinal disease and neuroscience. Explore a MedImmune career as we strive to better more lives, more often, around the world.