Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to alter the tumor microenvironment to enhance tumor cell killing. Our company has a growing portfolio of product candidates and currently has three protein therapeutics in clinical development.
- Cabiralizumab (FPA008) – a monoclonal antibody targeting CSF1R in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial in pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) and in a Phase 1a/1b clinical trial in multiple cancers in combination with Bristol-Myers Squibb Company’s PD-1 immune checkpoint inhibitor, Opdivo® (nivolumab)
- FPA144 – a monoclonal antibody targeting FGFR2b in a Phase 1 clinical trial in FGFR2b over-expressing gastric cancer
- FP-1039 – an FGF ligand trap in a Phase 1b clinical trial in mesothelioma
Five Prime has a differentiated target discovery platform and library that we use to rapidly interrogate the entire extracellular proteome in medically relevant in vitro and in vivo models to discover novel targets and drug leads. Our technology has been validated by our growing pipeline and through multiple collaborations with pharmaceutical companies, including Bristol-Myers Squibb, UCB Pharma, S.A. and GlaxoSmithKline across a range of therapeutic areas. FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a motivated and hands-on individual to join our Finance team. This position will be responsible for technical accounting, reviewing all SEC filings/supporting schedules (10-Q/10-K/Proxy), account reconciliations and equity/stock compensation transactions. This position reports to Senior Director, Corporate Controller.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Lead analysis of technical accounting issues: Provide well-supported and documented interpretation of U.S. GAAP; identify relevant changes in accounting guidance and monitor processes for compliance with accounting standards.
- Provide technical accounting guidance to the Company including drafting or reviewing technical accounting memos. Recommend accounting treatment for complex transactions (e.g., licensing or collaboration transactions).
- Review SEC filings, including 10-Q/10-K/Proxy supporting schedules and disclosures.
- Review all equity transactions, ASC 718 stock based compensation expense calculations and analysis.
- Assist in reviewing financial statements, account reconciliations and other financial schedules to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare month end / quarter end accounting / analytical schedules as needed.
- Participate and support in ongoing SOX 404 compliance and internal control environment development.
- Assist in implementing and launching systems to further automate processes for efficiencies and effectiveness while enhancing internal controls (e.g. ERP).
- Perform special finance projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA is preferred
- Minimum 10+ years of accounting and reporting experience, with at least 5+ years serving publicly traded companies
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations is required combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues
- Experience in drafting SEC filings (10-Qs and 10-Ks)
- Experience operating within a Sarbanes-Oxley control environment and thorough understanding of SOX 404 internal controls requirements
- Experience with ERP systems
- Experience in the biotechnology/life sciences industry preferred but not required
- Hands-on, self-motivated with excellent organizational and planning skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; ability to influence and collaborate in a positive manner
- Analytical, detail-oriented, ability to exercise critical judgement with strong integrity
Please upload your cover letter and resume