Exciting opportunity to play a leadership role at ChemPartner, a leading Shanghai based Contract Research Organization specializing in drug discovery services. As more and more Pharma and Biotech companies look for alliance partners to increasingly provide intellectual contributions and exceptional technical expertise, ChemPartner is uniquely positioned to not only be a Life Science CRO, but to be a true pharmaceutical alliance partner. With a team of over 2000 experienced scientists, many western-trained pharmaceutical industry leaders, and experienced Pharmaceutical Executive Leadership at the helm, ChemPartner is aligned and dedicated to technically and strategically accomplish the research initiatives of Pharma and Biotech companies from around the world.
We are looking for an outstanding experienced Analytical team leader with a successful track record of contributing to drug discovery projects. Candidates must have a dynamic personality with the drive and enthusiasm to advance a number of projects simultaneously. He/She must also be a face of ChemPartner to multiple international clients and be able to interact across disciplines and demonstrate technical prowess.
The position will be based in Chengdu, China but some travel to Shanghai or South San Francisco may be necessary.
Ability to communicate to teams in both the U.S and China is essential.
• In a CRO synthesis support/pharmaceutical R&D environment lead a group of scientists to carry out analytical method development, optimization and preparative separations. This leader will mentor analytical scientists in best practices to develop methods, justify and establish relevant quality specifications, and independently perform quality research. The role will require managing the analytical team to support a group of ~ 200 chemists and external clients through effective balancing of resources and development of process improvements in coordination with the company’s analytical department head.
• Follow the relevant laws and regulations of pharmaceutical R&D, ensure appropriate experimental design, data analysis and routine data recording for quality research, complete the quality research sections of CTD documentation and quality specification of CP format, etc.
• Ensure scientific integrity by following compliance, of ISO 17025 as well as GLP (Good Lab Practice) for labs.
• Be responsible to communicate and coordinate with external clients and other internal departments, as well as suggest and implement proposals to satisfy clients’ concerns.
• Participate in business development of the analytical department for external services and to maintain relationships with clients and government agencies.
• Be responsible to complete other tasks assigned by management.
• A PhD degree in analytical chemistry or related fields, at least 5 years relevant working experience, or Master’s degree with 10 years’ experience in QC/Analytical field along with minimum 3 years supervisory experience is required. Post-doctoral and/or overseas working experience is preferred.
• Familiar with research and development process of pharmaceutical analysis as well as relevant laws and regulations. Skilled at managing research progress. Familiar with requirements of quality research in CTD documentation. Capable to write quality research section in the required CTD documentation format and quality specifications in CP format. Have experience in regulatory filing and on-site inspection.
• Proficient in using and maintaining relevant analytical instruments, such as HPLC-MS/HPLC?GC-MS/GC?Prep-HPLC, NMR, etc. Strong experimental skills and theoretical basis on analysis of drug substances, and excellent ability to analyze and solve uncommon technical problems in experiments.
• Familiar with requirements of quality management system for labs, issued by CNAS and CMA.
• Strong sense of responsibility and work ethic, excellent problem solving, communication/coordination/organization skills, capability to work in a team and handle task pressure are required.
Please send your resume to
CPfirstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number 16010 in the subject line.