Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, atopic dermatitis, pain, and infectious diseases.
Individual responsible for compiling and issuing timely monthly, quarterly, and annual internal consolidated financial statements, management reporting packages, and other key schedules while ensuring that the financial information is complete, accurate, and in compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Responsible for compliance with documented internal controls for all accounting areas under their purview. Has the ability to think creatively and independently and proactively proposes solutions and offers insights to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their team and the overall accounting department. Direct the workflow of the managers and other key departmental staff while providing strong leadership and professional development. Maintains focus on vision, mission, and corporate values for overall departmental success. Must possess excellent presentation skills and have the ability to present both routine and complex information to Senior Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Oversees the entire accounting close process and performs critical reviews of various accounting areas, including but not limited to the following subject areas:
o Product Sales, GTN Deductions, and Other Revenues
o Lease Accounting including Build-to-Suit Leases and other non-routine Real Estate transactions
o Marketable Securities, Investment Income, and related SEC Disclosures
o Intercompany Transactions including Transfer Pricing and Foreign Exchange
o Fixed Assets
o Operating Expenses
* Proactively addresses accounting issues as they arise and considers the impact across other cross-functional departments.
* Presents monthly financial results to Senior Management including the Corporate Controller and the CFO.
* Develops and implements accounting policies and procedures associated with new and/or unusual transactions.
* Coordinates and leads the process with internal and external auditors for all SOX related matters as well as the quarterly reviews and year-end audit.
* Works closely with the External Reporting department to ensure cross-functional success in areas such as accounting for new business transactions, international statutory reporting, domestic SEC reporting, and related disclosures.
* Reviews various journal entries, supporting schedules, account analyses, reconciliations and flux explanations in the areas under purview.
* Works with management in various departments to gather and disseminate financial information as required.
* Completes complex special projects as requested.
* Responsible for ensuring that (i) effective internal controls exist and are adhered to in functional areas under this person's purview and (ii) associated internal control documentation is prepared and/or updated on a timely basis. This documentation includes accounting policies and procedures, narratives and flowcharts.
* Interfaces to negotiate and exchange information with all levels of management.
* Mentors, trains, and develops other accounting staff members at various levels.
* Actively leads and participates in meetings by communicating opinions and influencing decisions.
* Develops director level capabilities with focus on strategy and leadership skills.
This position reports directly to the Director of Accounting and also interacts directly with the Assistant Controller, Controller, External Reporting staff, and other Finance staff as needed. This position also works closely with senior level staff in other cross-functional areas such as Tax and Treasury.
Knowledge and Skills:
Can effectively communicate in large settings and meetings with senior management. Has advanced, in-depth knowledge of accounting principles and operations. Demonstrates the ability to think creatively and independently and proactively propose solutions. Able to initiate and/or lead multiple projects and assignments. Must be a team player, who interacts effectively with others. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong organizational abilities and project management abilities with an attention to detail.