REVOLUTION Medicines is an exciting, early stage biotechnology company focused on exploiting novel chemical methods to access the small molecule chemical space favored by evolution (i.e., natural products) to modulate medically important biological activities. As a new member of the RevMed team, you will join other outstanding staff who are helping lead our efforts in the discovery and development of new medicines derived from natural products.
We are seeking a motivated and energetic AD/Director of DMPK. The successful candidate will collaborate on multidisciplinary teams and apply their experience to design, implement, and interpret in vitro and in vivo DMPK assays toward the optimization of small molecule drug candidates. The successful candidate will also be expected to participate in the writing of reports for regulatory submission, preparation and presentation of results at cross-functional meetings, and interface with internal cross-functional teams/departments and external collaborators and CROs.
• As a key member of our dynamic Preclinical Sciences team, the successful candidate will:
o Design and implement DMPK strategy to support all Discovery and Development projects.
o Establish and manage relationships with CROs/CMOs.
o Oversee in vitro and in vivo DMPK property characterization toward the optimization of research compounds from lead generation through candidate selection for each program/project.
o Provide expertise and guidance for experimental design.
o Provide assistance with in-depth quality review and interpretation of results.
o Determine preclinical PK/PD relationships and use these correlations to project pre-clinical and clinical doses.
o Write, edit, and review technical reports and other documents in support of regulatory filings.
o Effectively manage external contractors and collaborators.
o Adhere to the department budget, including contract research personnel and projects, and external project spending.
• Ph.D. in Drug Metabolism, Analytical Chemistry or related discipline with a minimum of six years of drug discovery industry experience in DMPK.
• Expert knowledge and hands on experience in DMPK (including metabolism, preclinical pharmacokinetics, PK/PD relationships, bioanalysis)
• Demonstrated success as a DMPK lead for small molecule discovery programs in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
• Demonstrated record of excellence in management of DMPK studies.
• Established ability to drive optimization of small molecule structures for desired in vivo properties through integration of complex chemical and biological data sets.
• Experience in delivering effective support to Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacology.
• Experience supporting the pre-clinical to early clinical transition is important; experience supporting clinical-stage projects is desirable.
• Experience with preparation of reports for regulatory filings.
• Proven ability to manage external contractors to meet Company goals.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and WinNonlin.
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to work well with others in a highly collaborative environment.
• Innovative, team-player with high energy for our start-up environment.
JOIN THE REVOLUTION!
We offer a dynamic, collaborative, and scientifically challenging environment plus an excellent benefits package. To be considered for this exciting career opportunity, please forward your resume with a cover letter to: email@example.com.
REVOLUTION Medicines is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.