Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, atopic dermatitis, pain, and infectious diseases.
Summary: Using extensive program management knowledge and experience in the drug development industry, acts as an operational lead to a team in order to meet program goals and direction. Develops, drives and directs operational plans.
Using extensive program management knowledge and experience in the drug development industry, acts as an operational lead to a team in order to meet program goals and direction. Develops, drives and directs operational plans.
Essential Functions - Major Duties and Responsibilities
* Leadership: Provides operational leadership, direction and support to a team, program or project of moderate to large scope, as well as to the Program Management department as a whole. Independently assesses the needs of the program and department and makes operational decisions to support the requirements for success.
* Planning and Tracking: Facilitates achievement of strategic goals for a program / department. Monitors ongoing progress of key deliverables against Global Development Plan goals, including the identification of potential risks and contingency plans.
* Collaborations: Acts as a key liaison in the interactions between Regeneron and our corporate partners. Prepares, provides input, and / or manages the process involving major presentations for joint collaboration meetings - effecting key business decisions. Responsible for facilitating and driving decision making in support of the joint strategic objectives of the program.
* Information: Defines, designs and implements new processes and tools to ensure vertical and horizontal integration across functional areas and the organization. Identifies and analyzes problems, creates tasks, and develops solutions to cross-program, cross-functional or organizational issues. Drives processes to support new approaches for sharing information among teams and within the organization.
* Communication: Ensures effective, accurate and timely communication of key issues and progress to the team and Sr. Management.
* Problem Solving: Proactively identifies and critically analyzes problems affecting the programs. Develops viable and long-lasting solutions to cross-program, cross-functional or organizational issues.
Nature and Scope
Education and Experience
* Works without appreciable direction. Position is minimally supervised. Must be a self-starter, results oriented and highly motivated.
* Operates cross-functionally and utilizes business and / or scientific knowledge and experience to contribute significantly to program goals and direction. Motivates, understands and builds effective teams.
* Regularly interacts with Sr. Management or executive levels on matters concerning the program strategy. Requires the ability to influence outcomes and change the thinking of, or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Represents a department / organization or company in relevant internal / external committees.
BS / MS with 10+ years of relevant progressive project / program management experience in the drug development / pharmaceutical industry. Advanced degree (eg. PhD, MS plus MBA) preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
* A proven track record in program management in drug development - pharmaceutical/biotech industry in matrix environments.
* Strong leadership skills including meeting facilitation cross-functional team integration, strategic thinking and advising. Must be able to create an environment for collaborative work necessary for the team to be effective.
* Extensive technical expertise in a discipline associated with drug development and/or commercialization. Develops concepts, techniques and standards. Considered to be an expert in the field within the organization.
* Proficient in advanced techniques with relevant software: MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. in addition to experience working within shared work environments.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.