10X Genomics is looking for an outstanding scientist to join its Applications Development group. The scientist must have a passion for innovating new applications that use Next Generation Sequencing technologies to drive discovery and improve human health. The scientist must be able to learn quickly, creatively solve problems, and have a deep understand of NGS technologies. Additionally, the candidate must have strong data analysis skills. The ideal candidate will have a PhD in either population genomics, cancer genomics or clinical genomics.
• Work with key scientists to develop new applications that take advantage of 10X technology.
• Analyze data for a variety of applications, including variant identification, assembly assessment and additional applications.
• Develop scientific materials to be used in webinars or other platforms to highlight the advantages of the 10X genomic platform.
• Work with core product development teams to improve products and enable novel applications as driven by the scientific community.
• PhD or equivalent in genomics, cancer genomics or clinical genomics.
• Experience analyzing large sequencing data sets using Python or R
• Solid knowledge of commonly used tools (BWA, GATK, FreeBayes, etc)
• Familiarity with the command line and source control.
• Deep understanding of the NGS applications space, particularly as related to human health (e.g., sequencing applied to RNA, cancer, immune repertoire, single cells)
• Experience with existing NGS platforms (e.g., Illumina, Ion Torrent, PacBio, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to trouble-shoot complex problems and to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
• An eagerness to dramatically improve NGS tools
• Strong organizational skills