Alexza Pharmaceuticals, located in Mountain View, CA, uses our proprietary Staccato(R) technology to develop CNS products to enhance patient treatment. The Staccato technology provides for the rapid but non-invasive delivery of drugs to treat acute conditions.
Our products address unmet medical needs not currently addressed, for example, by either oral medications or injections. We recently received FDA approval of our first product, ADASUVE. You can read more about ADASUVE at www.adasuve.com. ADASUVE has received regulatory approval in the US and our application is pending final approval for Europe.
As you can see, our approach is simple but elegant. We combine the proven Staccato delivery technology with known drugs that currently lack an optimal mode of delivery. Alexza hopes to write a new chapter in the ever advancing field of patient treatment.
Alexza was founded by Alejandro Zaffaroni, a pioneer and visionary in the field of drug delivery. Through the years, Alexza has strived to maintain both the entrepreneurial spirit and very high standards set by Dr. Zaffaroni. Alexza has great technology and great people who are doing great things. Every individual in the company plays a critical role in Alexza’s success.
We have an exciting temporary opportunity for an Analytical Chemist II. This person will work closely with our Quality staff to transition our organization to commercial readiness.
• Perform method development with primary analytical techniques including HPLC, GC, GC/MS, UV, FT-IR, and other wet-chemistry related tests.
• Perform method validation and method transfer to support new and existing projects.
• Compile data and produce summary and reports accordingly.
• Perform QC testing to support the development, manufacture and release of drug/device products as needed
• Assisting conducting laboratory investigations on aberrant results as needed
• Other duties as assigned.
• Apply knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Laboratory Practices on a daily basis
• Demonstrates Alexza values and holds oneself to the organization’s standards.
• Must demonstrate technical proficiency and creative problem solving
• Must be highly organized, detailed oriented and able to manage multiple tasks concurrently
• Ideal candidate will have laboratory skills that include computer controlled HPLC, GC, UV, IR, workstation software, office software (MS Excel, MS Word, etc) and compliance level record keeping.
• Have experience with method development and validation per ICH guidance.
• Work in a team environment and independently, if required
• Solid communication and presentation skills required
Education and Experience:
• Requires a Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline with 3-5 years experience or a Master degree with 2-3 years experience in a cGMP quality control laboratory
• Experience working in a matrix managed team environment and an ability to work effectively with all departments within the company
• Experience with USP testing methods a plus
• Prior experience in device development or pharmaceutical environment preferred
We offer competitive compensation and benefits including stock options, an exciting and collaborative work environment and excellent opportunity for career growth. NOTE: Don’t include this portion if the position is for a temporary or consultant.
Alexza Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Direct Applicants only - NO AGENCIES, PLEASE.