Zymeworks Inc. is a Canadian computational biotechnology company that is developing next-generation antibody based therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, autoimmune and inflammatory diseases by utilizing predictive computational technologies.
Zymeworks is seeking an exceptionally talented individual to join our Business Development group. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is eager to showcase their talent, and demonstrate the dedication and drive to grow within our progressive and developing company. The successful candidate should have a strong interest in the field of therapeutics development, preferably in biologics. In this position, you will be asked to support both Business Development and External R&D activities by providing market research, compiling competitive intelligence, and tracking contracts, all in a fast paced and growing company where your colleagues bring their A-game, every day. We’re looking for someone who is selfmotivated, can anticipate problems and come up with practical solutions, wants to keep learning and most importantly, is willing to take their skills to the next level. If this looks like the kind of challenge you’re looking for, then Zymeworks is the place for you.
• Gather competitive intelligence from commercial and scientific sources and provide competitive analyses on specific therapeutic and platform areas
• Maintain and update internal business development and contract databases
• Liaise with internal R&D, IP, and Finance groups and assist in the preparation of contracts
• Help to identify and develop new business opportunities
• M.Sc. or higher in biological sciences (e.g. Structural Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology or Molecular Biology) or a related discipline
• Demonstrated experience in business development in a relevant commercial setting or having completed university level business courses
• Strong data mining and filtering skills from sources including but not limited to patent databases and scientific journals
• Ability to interpret market data and provide clear, relevant, and timely analyses
• General understanding of the pharmaceutical drug development process
• Exceptional communication skills (verbal/written English) with the ability to confidently present findings to the management team, and communicating with external contractors
• Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task, manage multiple concurrent deliverables, and respond quickly to ad hoc requests
To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com
Compensation is on par with industry standards and commensurate with experience and includes a leading extended benefits plan. If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your curriculum vitae and cover letter including available start date in PDF format to email@example.com with 1284: Analyst, BD in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.