Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (AGTC) is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to developing novel gene therapies for ophthalmic diseases. AGTC is aggressively expanding and seeks a full-time Alliance Manager for its Cambridge, MA office.
• The Alliance Manager will report directly to the Chief Business Officer
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following.
• Assure the Company maintains strong relationships across its corporate and academic partnerships in order to achieve overall corporate goals
• Be the external voice of the Company to its partners and the internal voice of the partner to the Company
• Manage all facets of the Company’s strategic partnerships
• Develop a deep understanding of contractual obligations and communicate those to appropriate stakeholders within the organization and with partners in order to ensure both parties obligations are continuously met
• Assume a lead role in setting priorities and resolving partner disputes though interaction with and gathering information from all functions, including research and development, regulatory, manufacturing, legal and commercial, in order to ensure successful solutions that assure value capture from external partnerships
• Work with partner counterparts to prepare JSC agendas, management of JSC meetings, and the documentation of key discussion points and decisions taken
• Support program management in the identification, setting, and management of priorities in order to ensure success in the implementation of partnership programs
• Present conclusions to senior executive teams in a concise, collaborative, and solution-oriented manner
• Support ongoing business development and strategic planning initiatives on an ad hoc basis
• B.S. degree in a life science or scientific discipline and at least 5 years’ experience life sciences industry: alliance management, program management, research and development.
• An advanced degree, such as MBA, MS, or PhD. preferred
• Prior rare disease drug candidate development experience
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop rapport and credibility across the external and internal organizations, promote ideas and proposals persuasively
AGTC offers a competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, including salary, benefits, and company equity. AGTC is an EOE and maintains a drug-free workplace.