The ideal candidate will have an MS or PhD, preferably with a background in signal processing or computational biology. He or she will be a strong team player who is excited about working in a fast-paced organization and interacting with scientists and engineers from a variety of background.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the computational pipeline that converts image streams to base calls. The candidate will work closely with algorithm designers to define specifications and quality and performance metrics. He or she will develop test protocols, implement tests, and analyze results to verify and validate the pipeline. He or she will be responsible for troubleshooting and reporting defects, documenting results and reporting test data to various stakeholders.
- MS or PhD in math, physics, engineering or computer science.
- Training in, or experience with, one of the following disciplines is a must: bioinformatics, statistics, or stochastic processes.
- Deep programming skills and experience with C# is required.
- Experience with Python is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are a must.
- Must be detailed oriented and able to take the initiative.
- Administrative-level Linux experience is a major plus.
- Experience with test automation is a plus.
- Preference will be shown to candidates who can demonstrate good understanding of software development and testing best practices.
- Product development and / or industry experience in a multi-disciplinary Biotech environment is a plus.