A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact. All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Provide comprehensive administrative support to three Senior Directors of Medicinal Chemistry in Medicine Design. Interface regularly and provide routine administrative support for each director's direct reports and department members. Provide administrative support for site and global initiatives involving these groups as well as assist with interfaces with related functions. Work in collaboration with other Medicine Design administrators and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Managing calendar through Outlook in alignment with Senior Director's priorities. Proactively resolve conflicts constructively. Effectively interfacing with other administrative staff in Cambridge and Groton (CT) to coordinate logistics including meeting rooms, catering, and meeting preparations. Calendar management includes: scheduling meetings, prioritizing meetings, and resolving conflicts.
* Efficiently managing travel arrangements for Senior Director's including scheduling transportation, hotel, car, etc. Preparing detailed itineraries. Maintaining receipts and records. Processing expense reports through PTE (Pfizer Travel & Expense).
* Generating communications on behalf of the Senior Directors. Creating, composing, and editing written material as needed.
* Working with Directors and departmental colleagues to ensure proper compliance for external consultants, speakers, and collaborations as well as assistance with payment and invoice procedures.
* Assisting departmental colleagues with general administrative functions including meeting logistics, cross-site access, supply ordering, procurement, invoice resolution, and travel.
* Ensuring meeting participants are aware of meeting details and logistics. Duties include space/site planning and room set-up, AV/IT arrangements, meal planning and assistance with agenda planning.
* Communicating and working in a team environment, working closely with other colleagues to coordinate workflow.
* Office management, demonstrating expert knowledge and proficiency with general administrative functions (telephone, email etiquette, MS Office, Business Objects, SharePoint, PTE, Ariba, cross-site access, GDAS, supply ordering).
* Handling confidential information with discretion.
* Carrying out administrative functions proficiently and completing quality work on a timely basis.
* Understanding Pfizer and how to resolve problems that arise (financial, technology, facilities, mailroom, visitors, consultants, office space).
MINIMUM: High School Diploma or Equivalent
PREFERRED: Bachelor's level degree
* Candidate must have a minimum of 5 or more years of administrative experience supporting a team/group leader or above.
* Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, as well as sensitivity for handling confidential information. Ability to respond with professionalism in verbal as well as in written communications. Excellent proofreader.
* Candidate should be technologically savvy in Outlook, Share Point, Ariba, Microsoft Office, Acrobat, printers, scanners, faxes, copiers, and conference room connections.
* Candidate should have experience providing administrative support for external collaborations and working with external vendors; knowledgeable about compliance policies as well as experience with payment and invoice resolution.
* Candidate must be extremely detail oriented, flexible, and possess the ability to work independently and adhere to timelines.
* Must be a quick learner, take accountability for actions and appropriate follow up, and able to set and manage priorities by handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
OTHER ATTRIBUTES DESIRABLE:
* Exceptional attention to detail in all aspects of work and follow-through.
* Exceptional organizational skills with strong ability to work under pressure and triage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Ability to meet rapidly changing deadlines and demonstrate flexibility around the needs of the office and business.
* Experience working in high pressure environment; understands the concept of a sense of urgency
* Positive, can-do attitude. Comfort with ambiguous situations and navigating uncharted road when needed. Ability to network to answer questions outside area of expertise, proposing less obvious solutions where needed.
* Demonstrated ability to work well in teams and in collaboration with other administrative professionals. Ability to represent and build constructive relationships on behalf of the department.
* Regarded as a point person in key areas of administrative knowledge and execution.
* Uses judgment to determine work methods appropriate to routine and complex situations. Adapts and refines standard methods and techniques and has awareness of consequences.
* Serves as a resource to colleagues at all levels.
* Models appropriate discretion in the management of confidential or proprietary information.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.