At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As an Administrative Coordinator, in Waltham, MA, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. IMED (Innovative Medicines and Early Development) focuses on scientific advances in small molecules, oligonucleotides and other emerging technologies and drug discovery platforms across our focus areas.
The administrative coordinator will report to the Director of Chemistry at the AstraZeneca Boston site, and will support them as well as the broader management/leadership teams across the site. Specific duties are summarized below:
- Will require a minimum: a high school diploma, College degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience
- The successful candidate must maintain a high standard of professionalism and confidentiality and must be able to problem solve.
- Specific requirements include strong written and oral communication skills and above average computer skill knowledge using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat (knowledge and familiarity of Microsoft Project, One Note, SharePoint would further strengthen skill set).
- Familiar with and comfortable utilizing Microsoft Outlook for scheduling meetings for individuals and multiple people as well as usage of the internet as a research tool.
- Thorough understanding of telephone systems and familiarity of standard office equipment such as photocopiers, scanners, and fax machines.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.