At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Administrative Coordinator in Coppell, TX, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
Responsible for performing a variety of secretarial, administrative and project-oriented activities in support of their function. May also serves as Team Lead for all administrative support personnel within the functional area and perform activities such as coordinating workflow, allocating resources and supervising others
• Provides administrative or secretarial services to the senior team, coordinating complex meetings and off-site events, diary arrangements and travel in line with AZ policy
• Co-ordinates, collates and communicates information at the detailed level, possibly of a technical or statistical nature
• Ensures the production of reports or analyses, to meet quality standards, and provides interpretation of data
• Reconciles figures or information from various sources, ensuring completeness and accuracy, and follow-up on discrepancies
• Carries out calculations, analyses or investigations to defined briefs to support the smooth functioning of the business area
• Resolves complex customer queries and issues to meet customer and business requirements
• Contacts customers on non-typical, sensitive or complex issues
• Participates in establishing an understanding of (internal) customer requirements to ensure that planned activities and services meet needs, and in monitoring those services and activities to ensure requirements are fully met
• Prioritizes workload, and that of others as appropriate, to achieve personal and work unit targets
• Organizes, controls and delivers specific clerical/administrative activities and services under guidance from a supervisor/manager
• Leads and motivates any assigned staff within defined parameters, ensuring they deliver their responsibilities effectively
• Controls small projects under general guidance ensuring delivery of project outputs according to plan, reviewing and refining plans as necessary
• May co-ordinate workflow management and mentors junior team members to ensure effective allocation of resources
• Prior Administrative experience
• Ability to follow processes
• Written and spoken communications
• Specialist knowledge in relation to administrative/business support activities in the relevant area
• Competent in the use of relevant office equipment and systems
• Experience of a variety of software/systems
• Can create and maintain systems for efficiency for both self and others
• Customer Service Skills
• Relevant vocational qualifications or equivalent experience
• Team management skills
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.