A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
The successful candidate for the SrAA role will provide high-level administrative support to the Global Head of Biomarker Development (BMD), managing the administration and coordination of the office and interacting with all levels of management throughout the global Translational Medicine organization. This successful candidate will be highly motivated, self directed and represent the department in a highly professional manner displaying tact, diplomacy, discretion and good judgment. They must also possess excellent communication and organizational skills, a high attention to detail and quality, as well as strong initiative and execution capabilities.Administrative duties include: extensive calendar management, scheduling appointments, meeting preparation, assisting in global meeting planning, domestic and international travel arrangements, expense reports, and project support as needed including event planning, and additional projects. Partial administrative support for a BMD Unit Head e.g. Imaging, may also be required. Responsible for performing proactive, high quality administrative support in an effective and efficient manner. Ability to manage multiple assignments with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment, including:
* Compose general correspondence/memos;
* Schedule appointments/manage calendars;
* Make both global and domestic travel arrangements;
* Process complex expense reports ensuring adherence to company policies;
* Coordinate internal/ external meetings, videos and teleconference calls;
* Assist in the development of slide presentations;
* Maintain departmental files and proper submission of approval forms;
* Handle confidential information and communication appropriately;
* Ascertain status and ensure completion of projects assigned to managers;
* Provide guidance to, and ensure alignment with departmental administrative personnel;
* Function as coverage for other Admins;
* Various projects as required; e.g. portfolio management, budget, staffing, bldg occupancy -
* 3+ years of highly successful administrative support experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical, medical or science based environment.
* College or secretarial school certificate preferred.
* Excellent administrative and organizational skills including thorough knowledge of standard office procedures.
* Must demonstrate ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a timely fashion, with minimum supervision and efficient follow-up.
* Must be proactive, efficient, customer-focused and able to work under pressure with tight timelines.
* Must be able to exercise independent judgment and interact effectively with internal and external customers, including international colleagues.
* Must be proficient in all secretarial skills, i.e., office procedures, departmental organization and reporting structures, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Internet Explorer, Ariba, Concur, HR/staffing systems etc
* Must display a team-oriented approach; Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills required.
* Strong attention to detail and quality.Project management experience a plus. - -
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
To learn about other NIBR opportunities,
See Job Description