Our growing Finance team is looking for an energetic and responsible Accounts Payable & Payroll Specialist to process all the components of weekly accounts payable, including purchase order processing and accounting, semi-monthly payroll, cash receipts and accounts receivable as needed, and provides accounting assistance for all other functions of the department. Specific responsibilities include:
Accounts Payable and Purchase Orders:
• Act as primary Accounts Payable contact for vendors, management and project managers
• Maintain vendor records in the accounting system.
• Track receipt of goods and services against purchase orders.
• Reconcile invoices to purchase orders and packing slips, and process check requests and invoices.
• Prepare and mail payment.
• Provide monthly accounts payable reports (i.e. AR aging, accrued expenses reconciliation, open PO listings, etc.) and other information needed for SEC filings or for analysis of company expenses.
• Prepare annual 1099’s.
• Process semi-monthly payroll for approximately 50 employees.
• Maintain employee timesheets and payroll records.
• Maintain all payroll files, including electronic and hard copy storage.
• Prepare, reconcile and distribute recurring payroll reports such as vacation and insurance accruals.
• Prepare journal entries for payroll for posting of required transactions to the general ledger.
• Act as liaison to the payroll provider in maintaining software updates for payroll and tax reporting.
• Record accounts receivable transactions into the accounting system for collaboration agreements.
• Process incoming cash receipts against the receivables.
• AA degree in Accounting or Business and 2+years of accounting/ bookkeeping and payroll processing experience.
• QuickBooks accounting software experience preferred.
• Skilled and experienced in general ledger, spreadsheet (Excel preferred) and word processing programs.
• Ability to maintain all accounting files for use in annual audit and quarterly reviews.
• Team-player able to organize multiple tasks of varying priorities and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with various levels of co-workers, upper management, and external customers while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.