The successful candidate will be responsible for selling and promoting DiscoveRx’s products and services in the assigned Sales Territory. The Account Manager will work with the Product Specialists, Product Manager and Distributors to achieve the sales targets. The position’s primary responsibility will be effectively prospecting to uncover opportunities for DiscoveRx’s business. This position resides within the commercial organization and reports to the Director Market Development for Europe/Asia Pacific.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
• Present DiscoveRx products and services through sales calls, lead follow up, on-site seminars, trade shows, and user meetings
• Technically competent and detail oriented on all of DiscoveRx’s product and service portfolio
• Write quotations for the opportunities once requested by the customer and provide quotation to customer service
• Maintain an accurate sales forecast which must be updated weekly
• Identify new groups within existing accounts in addition to meeting with current customers
• Coordinate field visits with field scientists, specialists, and local distributors in the Asia Pacific territory
• Contact leads within 24-48 hours and process leads in sales management software within 7 days
• Attend and participate in training meetings at least twice a month
• Performs other duties as required and assigned
• Overseas travel to Asia Pacific countries, primarily China and Korea expected to be around 25%
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND BACKGROUND:
• A minimum education of a BS/M.S. in Cell Biology, Pharmacology or Biochemistry, Ph.D. a plus
• Some knowledge of the drug discovery and development process
• Two to five years of successful sales experience
• Self-starter who is a result and success oriented individual with the proven ability to develop and follow through on sales tasks and plans
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Ability to work later hours (such as 10 am-7 pm) to communicate with Asia Pacific clients
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Second language: Korean or Mandarin is strongly preferred.
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package including base salary and very strong commission plan for achieving growth targets.
About DiscoveRx Corporation
Founded in 2000, DiscoveRx is a privately held, venture-backed company headquartered in Fremont, California, with additional offices in San Diego, CA, San Francisco, CA, and Birmingham, England. DiscoveRx is a leading provider of next generation proprietary platforms for both target-based and phenotypic based drug discovery. The company holds extensive intellectual property for its core technology platforms 1) PathHunter®, HitHunter® and InCELL Hunter™: ß-galactosidase based enzyme fragment complementation, 2) KINOMEscan®: in vitro binding assay platform and 3) BioMAP: A three part drug discovery solution consisting of BioMAP system, proprietary database, and predictive analytics tools. Utilizing these proprietary platforms, DiscoveRx has developed and commercialized industry leading panels of over 1000 target based and primary cell based assay solutions for Oncology, Metabolic Disease, Inflammation, CNS and Cardiovascular drug discovery research. Many of DiscoveRx’s innovative solutions have been widely adopted in pharmaceutical, biotechnology and academic laboratories worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.discoverx.com/home.