Boehringer Ingelheim currently has multiple openings within our Manufacturing Purification Services department in Fremont, CA. We are looking to hire a Supervisor (Job # 142328) and a Specialist (Job # 142330) of Purification Services .
Located in one of the world’s most innovative biotech hubs, our Fremont, CA facility is a fully integrated development and manufacturing site for mammalian cell culture derived biopharmaceuticals. We have created a new center of excellence in biopharmaceutical process & technology development to support our pipeline of novel biologics, biosimilars as well as our contract development and manufacturing business.
Supervisor, Manufacturing Purfication Services, #142328 (Overview of role only, please refer to company website for complete description) - This position will be responsible for leading staff in the Purification Services area, in biopharmaceutical drug substance manufacturing, in a multi-product clinical and commercial facility. This position will be accountable for staff effectiveness while proceduralizing safe, cost-effective, and efficient day-to-day operations according to cGMP regulations. In addition this position will work with Process Engineers to introduce new products into the facility, will develop and manage Facility Fit exercises, manage batch record and operating procedure creation and drive continuous process improvements.
Specialist, Manufacturing Purification, #142330 (Overview of role only, please refer to company website for complete description) - This position will be responsible for managing and owning continuous improvement initiatives (Green Belt) in a cGMP environment, including process-related equipment and documents within Manufacturing Purification. In addition, this position will support New Product Implementation into Purification and investigations. The position will also be involved in training of Purification staff.
Supervisor Position Requirements -
* Bachelors’ Degree and more than 2 years of Professional Training/Certificate with a focus in Biopharmaceuticals Drug Substance Manufacturing (Cell Culture, Bacteria, Purification OR greater than 6 years of Professional Training or equivalent experience.
* In depth understanding of mammalian protein purification related tasks.
* Detailed understanding of quality systems, facility technology, staff modeling, and goal setting
* Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
* Direct Management/Leadership experience strongly desired.
Specialist Position Requirements -
* Bachelors’ Degree with focus in BioChemistry and/or Biology and/or Chemistry and 4-6 years of professional experience or equivalent in a Drug Substance Manufacturing environment (Cell Culture, Bacteria, Purification)
* In depth understanding of purification concepts
* Understanding of Quality Systems
* Understanding of facility technology, system troubleshooting, CAPA’s and change controls
* Strong leadership skills
* Strong ability to communicate and influence in a team environment and collaborate with peers
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
* Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
* Must be 18 years of age or older
To Learn More and Apply Directly to Either Role:
Supervisor, Manuf Purification - https://boehringer.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=142328&src=PA-11000
Specialist, Manuf Purification
We're also hiring for a Master Associate (Swing Shift) - look for our other ad on Biospace or check out the BI Career Center online.
Boehringer Ingelheim is a different kind of pharmaceutical company, a privately held company with the ability to have an innovative and long term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries that improve patients' lives and we equate success as a pharmaceutical company with the steady introduction of truly innovative medicines. Boehringer Ingelheim is the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations. At Boehringer Ingelheim, we are committed to delivering value through innovation. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane Inc., Roxane Laboratories Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Chemicals, Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc. and Ben Venue Laboratories Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment background investigations and drug screenings.