Astellas is the bright spot in the pharmaceutical industry -- not just because of what we do, but in the way we do it. If you are looking for a company where you can change a life, make a dream come true, and light the way for a better tomorrow, Astellas is the place where you can shine.
We offer a different kind of work culture. A high standard of ethics is mandatory. Quality is our pledge. Diversity is valued. Individual initiative is rewarded. Astellas offers an environment where our employees can make a real difference. Come, shine with us!
Astellas is announcing a Senior Manager, Health Systems Marketing opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
Responsible for supporting leadership in the development of health system (HS) strategic marketing plans, and leading the execution of related tactical plans, across assigned APUS Brand franchises and late stage R&D compounds. Ensure short term objectives are achieved to maximize market access and sales performance, aligned with HS business and related Mid-Term corporate plans. Coordinates the development and delivery of resources utilized by colleagues engaging market access stakeholders in a changing US healthcare environment. This position often utilizes and manages external vendors.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Coordinate assigned HS therapeutic area tactical business plans by: developing critical initiative timelines, directing marketing programs, and controlling the prioritization of project and process workload. Initial focus will be to support HS marketing activities to support KAM team tactical and data analytics support
• Lead/administer the development and review of marketing/sales resources through all appropriate internal processes (including, but not limited to, MAP, etc.).
• Contribute project metrics to gain insight for future action.
• Contribute to the HS business planning process, ensuring that tactical plans are developed to achieve franchise market access and sales performance goals.
• Review changes in the healthcare environment that may require the inclusion of data and brand HS-related consequences in the strategic decision process.
• Collaborate with cross functional departments (including sales, CL&D, marketing and operations) to identify new trends within the payer, integrated system, and large group practice settings in order to deliver unbranded programs and resources to support TA business objectives
• Manage outside agencies and consultants -- projects and budgets.
• Manages the development of appropriate training materials and programs to support the delivery of HS-related materials to field colleagues engaging market access stakeholders (i.e. HS Account Management, Channel Management Accounts Team, and Sales Teams as appropriate).
Sales Budget: Directly impacted by the number of critical strategic objectives that are successfully addressed with appropriate and successfully executed tactical solutions.
A&P Budget: Directly impacted by the efficient use of resources including: management of direct reports, vendors, negotiation for services both internally and externally and monitoring of budget.
This position will be highly engaged in managing the development of the HS business plan and subsequently learning how to make bigger picture strategic choices. Therefore, this position is a transition from total responsibility for tactical plan development and implementation into a position that becomes strategic in nature. This position will continue to more fully develop working relationships with higher level external partners and internal colleagues from other departments (including, but not limited to, sales, market research, legal, business analytics, and regulatory). This role requires collaboration for success and demonstrates it directly by the collaboration with individuals to follow the HS strategic business plan to implement successful and supportive tactics. This position will report to an Assistant Director of HS Marketing, and will collaborate with colleagues from several other functional areas.
• Bachelor's degree.
• This level requires 8 plus years of related, relevant marketing experience (i.e., sales, sales training, market research, marketing operations, managed care, etc.) and/or equivalent education.
• Ability to multi-task and work independently.
• Proficient in power-point and excel.
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills.
• Proven oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to be a high level contributor or leader of multiple projects, processes or functions.
• Should have knowledge of the disease states to which assigned, demonstrated by the ability to converse with professionals about the disease state and related products.
• Ability to present complex issues to higher level management is a must.
• Willingness to travel (20% to 40%).
• Advanced Degree/Education in a related discipline.
• Expert knowledge in the disease state or product category to which assigned.
• Minimum of 4 years of brand marketing experience preferred
• Demonstrated understanding of managed markets and the US healthcare system a plus.
• Specialized training in the assigned disease state area is a big plus as is 4 plus years of marketing experience or specialized education in marketing.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled