Astellas is the bright spot in the pharmaceutical industry -- not just because of what we do, but in the way we do it. If you are looking for a company where you can change a life, make a dream come true, and light the way for a better tomorrow, Astellas is the place where you can shine.
We offer a different kind of work culture. A high standard of ethics is mandatory. Quality is our pledge. Diversity is valued. Individual initiative is rewarded. Astellas offers an environment where our employees can make a real difference. Come, shine with us!
Astellas is announcing a Senior Manager, Health Systems Marketing opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
The Project and Process Excellence Director will have accountability for overseeing the Project Management Office and leading large scale cross functional transformational initiatives to increase the competitive advantage for Astellas. They will work closely with senior leadership and sponsors to assess the organizational value through development of Business Cases. The role will provide knowledge and skills to expand the expertise in sigma principles and project management best practices within Astellas. Through the use of analytics and metrics, develop dashboards and effectiveness measures to ensure sustainment and realization of project objectives. Embedding transformational changes will require strong influential communication skills and a high acuity to culture and change management.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Key accountabilities and responsibilities include:
• Research and prepare project metric information including value statements or measures that explain/promote/justify
• Ability to coordinate and oversee vendors for resourcing Project Managers to support initiatives managed through the Project Management Office (PMO)
• Develop and document high-level strategies for achieving specific objectives or activities (business case, ROI, charters, metrics etc.)
• Plan, schedule, and control project activities including resources and cost to fulfill objectives and satisfy project requirements.
• Manage change and/or conflict within any project in an effective, timely, and appropriate manner.
• Develop accurate resource planning estimates to effectively manage personal workload and maximize individual productivity and revenue generation
• Drive the development of integrated project plans, aligning project tactics with project strategy.
• Lead, coordinate, facilitate, and motivate all associated project resources to gain alignment on project goals and deliverables.
• Lead risk management within project teams, ensuring risks have appropriate mitigation and contingency plans.
• Proven leadership in KAIZEN events and Black Belt projects
• Mentor colleagues in the application of project management and Lean Sigma tools and methodologies
Oversight for the Project management office (PMO) responsible for the project management and reporting of the non-drug project initiatives
Financial, resource and milestone tracking
Transformational initiatives having global impact to the efficiency and competitive capabilities of Astellas
Reports to the Head, Quality Management, Innovation and Learning or Head Operational Excellence and Innovation.
• Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) required in the health sciences, pharmaceutical industry, project management or business administration
• Minimum of 10-12 years of pharmaceutical industry experience (preferably in multiple phases and multiple roles) with a demonstrated steady progression of management responsibilities and experience
• Proven delivery, creativity, and a high level of independent decision making capabilities
• Demonstrated experience in methods of improvement and theories of change including technical knowledge of instrument development, data collection and analysis is critical to success in this position. Clear evidence of formal training and successful application of problem solving, process mapping and analytical tools is required (Lean Six Sigma and PMP proficiency)
• Ability to apply analytical skills in the analysis of issues by examining and assimilating data; recognizing key variables; analyzing complex situations; and drawing appropriate conclusions in the identification of trends, opportunities to positively impact business processes and address key business needs linked to corporate and divisional strategy
• Proven record of strong customer relationships and project delivery
• Ability to think globally by seeking to understand issues, trends and perspectives of various cultures and countries; addresses cultural and geographic differences in strategies and approaches.
• Strong demonstrated experience leading drug development, non-drug and innovation projects in a matrixed, global organization
• Excellent understanding of the interdependencies of the various disciplines (CMC, Pharm/Tox, PK, Clinical, Regulatory, Marketing, Compliance, and Legal)
• Strong knowledge and application of ICH/GCP, FDA regulations and document management
• Strong communication skills; verbal, written, and presentation required
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite, including MS Visio)
• Master degree (MA/MS/MBA) or equivalent advanced degree in the health sciences, project management or business administration
• A thorough understanding of how to influence local and global functional business environments.
Skill Set includes:
• Ability to assimilate data, recognize key variables and analyze complex situations. Make quality judgments.
• Has a realistic expectation of the business, one's self and others.
• A style which builds alliances within the organization, locally/globally, and/or corporate collaborators.
• Does not confuse effort for results.
• Tenacity to weather short-term setbacks for long-term advantages.
• Broad understanding of the multidisciplinary functions contributing to effective and efficient drug development.
• Understanding of how to educate/advise others on strategic and business concepts.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled