ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an emerging global oncology company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of medicines to transform the lives of cancer patients. ARIAD’s approach to structure-based drug design has led to four internally discovered, molecularly targeted product candidates for drug-resistant and difficult-to-treat cancers, including certain forms of chronic myeloid leukemia, soft tissue and bone sarcomas and non-small cell lung cancer. Additional information about ARIAD can be found on the web at http://www.ariad.com.
Our focus at ARIAD is to discover and develop new drugs that will dramatically expand and improve current treatment options for patients with cancer. Our story starts with our vision, which reflects who we are, where we’re going and what we’re trying to do. Our mission and values keep us focused on the kind of company—and people—we want to be.
Our vision is to transform the lives of cancer patients with breakthrough medicines.
Our mission is to discover, develop and commercialize small-molecule drugs to treat cancer in patients with the greatest unmet medical need—aggressive cancers where current therapies are inadequate. We are committed to the highest standards of integrity and stewardship in service to patients, the medical community, employees and shareholders.
• Mutual respect—we seek always to recognize and acknowledge every individual perspective.
• Integrity—we strive for honesty and transparency in our behavior, every day.
• Scientific excellence—we value innovation, creativity and individual initiative in our work.
• Teamwork—we believe in collaborative relationships and shared success.
• Clinical scholarship—our unique approach to clinical investigation aims at addressing the biological basis of disease.
• Execution—we are committed to acting decisively and delivering on our commitments in all we do.
Building a global commercial oncology company
ARIAD is building a global commercial oncology company. At the end of 2011, ARIAD raised a net of $243 million through a public offering of common stock that allows the company to prepare for commercial launches of ponatinib and retain its substantial potential commercial value.