DALLAS, Dec. 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today announced the MSP430F563x and MSP430F663x families adding more performance and features to its ultra-low-power 16-bit microcontroller portfolio. Developers can immediately take advantage of the microcontrollers' larger memory, display capacity and analog peripherals, which enable high precision measurement and connectivity. The F563x and F663x devices meet the needs of portable measurement applications, including blood glucose meters, pulse oximeters, blood pressure monitors, electrocardiograms (ECG), activity monitors and sensor hubs. Home automation and industrial applications requiring a user interface such as utility meters, remote sensing and thermostats also benefit from the ultra-low-power, high-performance capabilities of these MSP430 families. As part of the MSP430 portfolio, the F563x and F663x families are scalable to the entire series of MSP430F5xx and MSP430F6xx devices. For more information, please visit www.ti.com/msp4305xx6xx-pr-lp.
Tools and Software for MSP430F563x and MSP430F663x microcontrollers
The USB Developers Package for MSP430 is a free software package containing all necessary source code and sample applications required for developing a USB-based MSP430 project. USB Personal Healthcare Device Class for medical devices is available as part of this download. Rich real-time operating software (RTOS) support is also available with this device family. TI also provides an easy development platform for debugging and evaluation with the MSP-TS430PZ100USB and MSP-FET430U100USB development tools. Both tools can be ordered online at TI's eStore.
Features and benefits of MSP430F563x and MSP430F663x microcontrollers:
- More memory options with 256kB flash and 18kB RAM allow the addition of wireless stacks, more application features, richer graphical user interfaces (GUI) and the addition of a real-time operating system (RTOS) to handle multiple tasks depending on the application design
- Increased memory makes multiple USB APIs possible, providing more connectivity options and faster ramp to production when combined with TI's free software in the USB Developer's Package
- The F663x family's integrated 160-segment LCD controller offers increased performance and eliminates the need for external LCD control, reducing the overall bill of materials (BOM)
- High-performance analog peripherals, including 12-bit analog-to-digital (ADC) and digital-to-analog (DAC) converters provide high-resolution sensor measurements and enable two-way, real-world interface options
- Ultra-low standby power as low as 1.8 uA and fast wake-up in 3 us offer optimized efficiency
Pricing and availability
The MSP430F563x and MSP430F663x devices range from $2 to $5 USD in 10K units. Production parts are immediately available.
TI's broad portfolio of microcontrollers (MCUs) and software
From general purpose, ultra-low power MSP430 MCUs, to Stellaris® Cortex-M MCUs to real-time control C2000 MCUs, and Hercules safety MCUs, TI offers the broadest range of microcontroller solutions. Designers can accelerate time to market by tapping into TI's complete software and hardware tools, extensive third-party offerings and technical support.
Find out more about TI's microcontrollers, tools and software:
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 80,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
MSP430 are trademarks and Stellaris is a registered trademark of Texas Instruments Incorporated. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated