9/18/2009 11:44:21 AM
FAIRFAX, Va. (Sept. 18, 2009) — SoBran, Inc., one of the nation’s premier biomedical research support organizations, has signed a multi-year contract to provide animal husbandry and support services at the prestigious Walter Reed Army Institute of Research/Naval Medical Research Center (WRAIR/NMRC) at the Forest Glen Annex in Silver Spring, Md. SoBran will provide the animal husbandry management, quality control, staffing, and operational functions needed to support the Division of Veterinary Medicine.
“We are very excited about working with the WRAIR/NMRC,” said Gregory Kelly, PhD, vice president of SoBran’s Biomedical Services Division. “Walter Reed has a long history of providing basic medical research and fundamental biological studies. We are proud to be a part of their team and hope to leverage our company’s laboratory animal experience at the National Institutes of Health and our defense contracting work to ensure the best possible animal husbandry and support services."
SoBran is a diversified professional and technical services firm established in 1987. The company entered the laboratory animal research field 13 years ago and has earned a reputation for functioning as a dedicated research partner. The Biomedical Services Division provides animal research and laboratory support to a variety of governmental, academic, and institutional clients. SoBran is ISO 9001:2008-certified and has the resources to cover a wide variety of technical capabilities, handle surge support and other staffing solutions, and manage diverse programs at world-class research locations.
SoBran’s duties at the WRAIR/NMRC 2-building, 150,000 square foot complex will include:
• Routine animal care, husbandry, nutrition, enrichment, hygiene, and record keeping.
• Sanitation and cleaning of all equipment, animal facilities, and animal support facilities.
• Animal handling, restraint, standard laboratory animal procedures, technical support, and program support of animal health surveillance.
• Maintenance of all related equipment;
• Development and use of a quality control program to ensure compliance with all performance objectives, requirements, and thresholds;
• BioSafety Level (BSL) 1 through 3 support
SoBran is proud to have been chosen to provide the animal care support and management services required for the WRAIR/NMRC research programs. We look forward to establishing a long and mutually beneficial partnership that will enable the WRAIR/NMRC to continue its groundbreaking biomedical research.