Scottsdale, Ariz. – At the NACDS Annual Meeting yesterday, the National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) Foundation announced the awarding of $319,000 in scholarships through its 2011 Pharmacy Partners Scholarship Program.
The NACDS Foundation Pharmacy Partners Scholarship Program provides awards ranging from $1,000 to $20,000 to each pharmacy school’s scholarship fund to assist pharmacy students working to achieve their professional doctorate degree in pharmacy (Pharm.D.). This year, the Foundation provided scholarship assistance to each of the 124 accredited pharmacy schools and colleges in the nation.
The 2011 NACDS Foundation Pharmacy Partners Scholarship Program was supported by a charitable group of 27 benefactors, comprised of NACDS Chain Members and Associate Members.
The seven largest scholarships were awarded as follows:
- $20,000 Apotex Corp. Wayne Roberts Memorial Scholarship awarded to Concordia University School of Pharmacy
- $12,500 Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Scholarship awarded to University of the Pacific Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- $10,000 Abbott – Pharmaceutical Products Division Scholarship awarded to Husson University School of Pharmacy
- $10,000 NACDS Foundation Scholarship awarded to Creighton University Medical Center School of Pharmacy and Health Professions
- $7,500 NACDS Foundation Scholarship awarded to Long Island University Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- $7,500 NACDS Foundation Scholarship awarded to Harding University College of Pharmacy
- $7,500 NACDS Foundation Scholarship awarded to College of Notre Dame of Maryland School of Pharmacy
“Due to the overwhelming support of our benefactors, the NACDS Foundation has had the distinct honor of providing nearly $3 million in scholarships since the Program’s inception in 1997,” said NACDS Foundation President Edith A. Rosato, RPh, IOM. “This staggering amount is quite a testament to the commitment to education on the part of the pharmacy and pharmaceutical industries. Their generosity reflects a passion for the next generation of pharmacy – pharmacy students.”
To view a listing of the 2011 NACDS Foundation Pharmacy Partners Scholarship Program Benefactors, please click here.
The National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization that serves as the education, research and charitable affiliate of NACDS. The NACDS Foundation seeks to improve the health and wellness of the people in America. It utilizes education, research, and charitable involvement to help people improve their health and quality of life through an understanding of medication therapy and the importance of taking medications appropriately. For more information, please visit www.NACDSFoundation.org.