2nd August 2011 -- Galway based Aerogen, a medical device and drug delivery company has been awarded the internationally prestigious Ruban d’Honneur award in the European Business Awards. The award is in recognition of Aerogen’s global growth strategy, which has seen the business grow by 30% year on year. This is the first Irish medical devices company to receive the Ruban d’Honneur.
Aerogen is an innovative medical device and drug delivery company specialising in the design, manufacture and marketing of aerosol drug delivery systems, aimed predominately at the critical care respiratory market. Aerogen employs 40 people from its Galway facility, and its high end nebuliser products are today used in acute care facilities in 65 countries throughout the world.
Alan Duffy, Head of HSBC Corporate Banking Ireland, who’s parent company sponsor the awards commented; “I’m absolutely delighted Aerogen have been recognised with a Ruban d’Honneur. The medical devices sector is an area where Ireland is showing real strength and growth at the moment and Aerogen are certainly at the forefront of this.”
The European Business Awards is dedicated to raising the visibility and progress of companies who excel in delivering innovation twinned with successful commercial results. Last year the European Business Awards showcased 100 Ruban d’Honneur recipients with a combined turnover greater than €766 billion Euros (6% of EU GDP) who employ over 3.5 million people.
John Power, CEO of Aerogen said “At a time when the focus for economic recovery is on promoting Irish exports, we’re delighted to receive a Ruban d’Honneur accolade. Aerogen has worked hard to establish a focused growth strategy which has enabled us to expand our business into new market areas such as drug delivery partnerships, alongside our core product offerings. In fact, since our management buyout in 2008 we have quadrupled sales.”
Aerogen’s international growth strategy has helped the company to create and sustain a competitive advantage in the drug delivery and medical device sector. Aerogen created an uncontested market place by delivering the first vibrating mesh technology to the Intensive Care hospital setting. Growing this core quotient of users has been key to Aerogen’s progress. Through a structured diffusion strategy Aerogen’s technology is used in a variety of settings, from critical hospital settings to home care, as well as enabling the technology to be used in drug delivery combinations.
Aerogen will join companies from across Europe, including two other Irish recipients, Realex Payments and Unicare Pharmacy at a gala awards dinner to be held in Barcelona in November.
For further information please contact:
Tel: (091) 540400 / 087 8905253
- Aerogen is a specialty medical device and drug delivery company specialising in the design, manufacture and marketing of nebulization systems aimed at the critical care respiratory market. Aerogen’s patented OnQ™ aerosol technology is an integral part of its drug delivery systems.
- Founded in Galway in 1997, Aerogen has grown to become the global leader in acute care aerosol drug delivery equipment and today its Aeroneb products play a critical role in treating patients on life-support ventilation, as well as home care offerings, in over 65 counties worldwide.
- Aerogen currently employs a growing team of 40 primarily Science and Engineering graduates, many to PhD level.
- Aerogen is a dynamic and evolving company, focusing on innovative products that create new market opportunities. It is this innovative approach that has seen Aerogen register over 40 international patents and continually develop new products, leading the way in the aerosolized drug delivery market.
- The company also partners with biotech and pharma companies to develop and deliver specialty aerosol drug solutions utilizing its proprietary OnQ™ Aerosol Generator technology platform.
About the European Business Awards 2011:
- The European Business Awards recognises and rewards excellence, best practice and innovation in companies across the European Union. The competition is free to enter and open to organisations of all sizes and from any industry sector.
- The European Business Awards programme provides examples for the business community to aspire to as well as celebrating and endorsing individual’s and organisation’s success.
- The Awards provide case studies and content for learning from these exceptional organisations