|Event Name||SBE 2016 International Conference on Plant Synthetic Biology and Bioengineering
Friday, December 16, 2016
Sunday, December 18, 2016
The Palms Hotel & Spa, Miami Beach
|Description||Presented by the Society of Biological Engineering (SBE), this conference will bring together scientist and engineers from universities, industries and government working in all aspects of Plant Synthetic Biology and Plant Bioengineering.
Plant synthetic biology uses enabling approaches from engineering and plants as platforms to produce self-sustaining and photosynthetic driven traits and bio-production. The emerging field relies on computational modeling and mathematical analysis to design predictable biological function and sustainable traits. As such the field integrates and encompasses broad applications including biofuels, agriculture, bio-materials, biopharmaceuticals, sustainability and more. All aspects of plant synthetic biology will be discussed in this conference from tools to design predictable functions and precision genome editing, to designed photosynthesis, plant bioengineering techniques, and rational design of novel plant traits.
• Agricultural Sense and Adaptation Systems for Stress Response
• Design and Predictive Function of Plant Gene Circuits
• Engineering of Bioenergy traits
• Plant foundry: Biopolymers, Biopharmaceuticals and Medically Effective Secondary Metabolites (Vaccines, antibodies, and metabolites)
• Plant genome editing (CRISPR systems)
• Plastid Engineering: artificial photosynthesis, metabolites and nitrogen fixation
• Rational Design and mining of natural systems for plant synthetic biology components
• Sustainable Environmental Systems and Photosynthetic Improvements