|Event Name||2016 ICGEB Course on NMR Spectroscopy
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
Saturday, November 26, 2016
|Description||The ICGEB aims at strengthening the research capability of its Members through a comprehensive training programme and approach to promoting biotechnology internationally. The active participation of ICGEB Member States nationals in the ICGEB Meetings and Courses is therefore highly encouraged.
Imparting theoretical and practical training on:
1. Multidimensional solution- and solid-state NMR spectroscopy
2. Structure determination of proteins, nucleic acids and their complexes
3. Metabolomics of bio-fluids, tissues and bones for biomarker discovery
4. Imaging coupled spectroscopy of live animals and humans
5. Metabolomics of plants
6. NMR of natural products and use in drug discovery
The course will help in imparting training on structure determination of proteins and nucleic acid complexes that can be used for inhibitor targets. Further it will help participant in understanding the important role played by NMR in drug discovery and design. Additionally emphasis will be made on metabolomics and biomarker discovery using NMR spectroscopy. The course will help the participants to take up independent project of natural product discovery for drug development using large biodiversity. Further, it will help them in characterization of disease condition, prognosis and response to medication using NMR spectroscopy.