FDA Commissioner Margaret Hamburg will give a keynote address at the 2013 MassBio Annual Meeting on March 15th. She joins a two-day lineup of industry speakers and panel discussions on hot topics in the industry including healthcare reimbursement, the future of biosimilars and research consortia/resources sharing.
MassBio will also present the annual Henri A. Termeer Innovative Leadership Award to Josef von Rickenbach, Founder, CEO and Chairman, PAREXEL International. Mr. von Rickenbach will make remarks at the awards luncheon on March 15th.
Other highlights include:
• Keynote speech by John Crowley, Chairman & CEO of Amicus Therapeutics (and the man who’s story is told in the major motion picture Extraordinary Measures) on March 14th.
• Recognition of the Joshua Boger Innovative School of the Year, Gloucester High School
• Leading Impact Award Presentation to Kevin O’Sullivan, President & CEO of Massachusetts Biomedical Initiatives
Panel discussion topics include:
• Personalized Medicine & Companion Diagnostics
• Oncology: Where are the Future Opportunities?
• Challenges in Neurodegenerative Diseases
• What Does Pharma Really Want? External R&D
• Healthcare Reimbursement Strategies
• The Future of Biosimilars
• Rare Disease Therapies: Is the Current Payer Model Sustainable?
• Research Resource Sharing: Challenges & Opportunities
• Overcoming Barriers in Translational Drug Development
• Antibody Drug Conjugates
• Antibiotics, Anti-infective, & Anti-Virals from a Business Perspective
• What’s Next in RNA Therapeutics
Confirmed speakers include:
• Godfrey Amphlett, Ph.D., Vice President, Process and Analytical Development, Immunogen
• Mohan Bala, Ph.D., Head, Oncology Pricing and Reimbursement, Sanofi-Aventis
• Detlev Biniszkiewicz, PhD, Vice President, Oncology Innovative Medicines Unit, AstraZeneca
• Mike Blum, Vice President, US Commercial Operations, Shire HGT
• Bruce Booth, PhD, Partner, Atlas Ventures
• Samantha Budd, Vice President, Neuroscience iMed, AstraZeneca
• Keting Chu, MD, PhD, Chief Mission Officer, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
• Robert K. Coughlin, President & CEO, MassBio
• John Crowley, Chairman and CEO, Amicus Therapeutics, Inc.
• Elan Ezickson, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Aveo Oncology
• Oliver Fetzer, Ph.D., President and CEO, Cerulean
• Claire Fisher, Business Development and Strategy, Blueprint Medicines
• Jeff Elton, Ph.D., Managing Director in Life Sciences, Accenture
• Chris Garabedian, President and CEO, Sarepta Therapeutics
• Steven C. Gilman, Ph.D., Executive Vice President, R&D and Chief Scientific Officer, Cubist Pharmaceuticals
• Gino Grampp, Regulatory Director, Amgen
• Margaret Hamburg, Commissioner, FDA
• Kenneth Kaitin, Ph.D., Director and Research Professor, Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development
• Kevin Krenitsky, M.D., Chief Commercial Officer and Senior Vice President, International Business Strategy, Foundation Medicine
• Raju Kucherlapati, Ph.D., Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School
• Kris Joshi, Ph.D., Global Vice President - Healthcare, Oracle Healthcare
• Andy Lee, Senior Vice President, Head Global Clinical Operations, Genzyme Corporation
• Reid Leonard, PhD, Managing Director, Merck Research Ventures Fund, Merck
• Mark Leuchtenberger, President and CEO, Rib-X
• Mark Levin, Partner, Third Rock Ventures
• Jeffrey Luber, JD, Vice President and Co-Founder, SynapDx
• Timothy B. Lowinger, Ph.D., Chief Scientific Officer, Mersana Therapeutics, Inc.
• Geoff MacKay, Chairman of the Board, MassBio; President and CEO, Organogenesis
• David Meeker, MD, President and CEO, Genzyme Corporation
• Rachel Meyers, PhD, Vice President, Research and RNAi Lead Development, Alnyam Pharmaceuticals
• Alan Moses, MD, Senior Vice President and Global Chief Medical Officer, Novo Nordisk
• Elizabeth Nabel, M.D., President, Brigham and Women's Healthcare
• Sridaran Natesan, Ph.D., Vice President for External Innovation, Sanofi
• Claude Nicaise, M.D., Senior Vice President of Strategic Product Development and Global Regulatory Affairs, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
• Torben Straight Nissen, PhD, Managing Director, Centers for Therapeutics Innovation, Pfizer
• Bernard Ravina, MD, Medical Director, Translational Neurology, Biogen Idec.
• Jim Roach, M.D., SVP, Development and Chief Medical Officer, Momenta Pharmaceuticals
• Reisa Sperling, M.D., Director, Center for Alzheimer Research and Treatment, Harvard Medical School
• Lioudmila Tchistiakova, Ph.D., Senior Director, Global Biotherapeutic Technologies, Pfizer BioTx
• David Van Brunt, Director for Health Economics, Global Market Access Group, Biogen Idec.
• Lujing Wang, MD, MPH, Managing Director, Commercial Center of Excellence, Campbell Alliance
• Janet Wolfe, Ph.D., President and Founder, Wolfe Laboratories
• Y. Katherine Xu, PhD, Senior Research Analyst, Biotechnology at William Blair & Co.