CHENGDU, China, Oct. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Booth H3-F06 -- Varian Medical Systems (NYSE: VAR) will exhibit X-ray tubes and digital detectors with improved image quality and higher dynamic range at China International Medical Equipment Fair (CMEF) in Chengdu, China from October 18-21. The company will also display its technologies for treating cancer with fast, image-guided radiotherapy and radiosurgery.
Varian's X-Ray Products business will showcase:
- PaxScan® X digital detector technology Varian's proprietary, state of the art 6th generation architecture, featuring increased frame rates, improved low dose imaging and 16-bit data acquisition. The X platform is optimized for high dose efficiency and very low electronic noise. The result is significantly improved low dose fluoroscopy and dental panoramic imaging. New X technology detectors to be highlighted are:
- PaxScan 4336X digital detector Designed to support the digital radiography (DR) market, the 4336X has a slim ergonomic design and is the company's lightest and most durable panel for mobile applications.
- PaxScan 1313DX digital detector A panoramic detector using the latest high-speed electronics for advanced digital imaging for dental CBCT and mini C-arm manufacturers.
Also on display will be:
- PaxScan 4343CB digital detector Varian's largest dynamic detector capable of 60 frames per second (fps). The detector enables dual-energy imaging and tomosynthesis in radiography, while also serving in Universal RF and large volume cone beam CT (CBCT) applications.
- PaxScan 3024M The 3024M is a full field digital mammography (FFDM) compact detector suited for the new generation digital tomosynthesis and 3D mammography systems. The detector incorporates a narrow border at the chest wall and rapid image-acquisition capability.
- Anode-End-Grounded (AEG) X-ray tubes Built for high-performance multi-slice CT scanners.
- PaxPower tubes Designed for next generation diagnostic cardiac and interventional radiography C-arm applications.
- Aftermarket replacement tubes New replacement CT tubes for major X-ray manufacturers single and dual-slice CT scanners.
"Varian continues to offer state-of-the-art technology enhancements designed to increase performance, improve image quality and reduce dose," said Gary Okamoto, senior sales and marketing manager for south Asia.
Varian's Oncology Systems business will show the UNIQUE medical linear accelerator, a single-energy machine for treating cancer with advanced forms of image-guided radiotherapy, which received China's State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA) clearance in August, 2012. The versatile UNIQUE system can be used to deliver intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) and RapidArc® treatments that precisely target tumors while minimizing exposure of surrounding healthy tissues.
The UNIQUE radiotherapy system is a cost effective cancer treatment solution designed to make advanced cancer treatments more widely available to cancer patients in China. It incorporates a low-energy (6MV) treatment machine that can be outfitted with high-tech image-guidance, beam shaping, and RapidArc technology for rapid delivery of advanced treatments. It also includes the latest release of Varian's market leading Eclipse treatment planning software.
About Varian Medical Systems
Varian Medical Systems, Inc., of Palo Alto, California, is the world's leading manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, and brachytherapy. The company supplies informatics software for managing comprehensive cancer clinics, radiotherapy centers and medical oncology practices. Varian is a premier supplier of tubes, digital detectors, and image processing workstations for X-ray imaging in medical, scientific, and industrial applications and also supplies high-energy X-ray devices for cargo screening and non-destructive testing applications. Varian Medical Systems employs approximately 6,100 people who are located at manufacturing sites in North America, Europe, and China and approximately 70 sales and support offices around the world. For more information, visit http://www.varian.com or follow us on Twitter.
SOURCE Varian Medical Systems