YORK, Pa., Oct. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Unilife Corporation ("Unilife" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: UNIS; ASX: UNS) today announced that it will exhibit its portfolio of injectable drug delivery systems at the PDA Universe of Prefilled Syringes and Injection Devices being held in Las Vegas, Nevadabetween October 15 and 17.
Unilife will be represented at this pre-eminent global industry event for injectable drug delivery systems by its commercial development team and other business leaders.
Alan Shortall, CEO of Unilife, stated, "We expect the recent additions to the commercial development team, coupled with our expanding line of innovative, differentiated devices, should be well received by customers at the conference. We are looking forward to forging new relationships and strengthening current ones."
Unilife representatives will be available during the conference at booth 211 to discuss with interested pharmaceutical companies how devices from its broad portfolio including prefilled syringes with integrated needle retraction, bolus injectors, infusion pumps, drug reconstitution delivery systems, auto-injectors, low-dose delivery systems and drug depot delivery systems can enable and enhance their injectable therapies. Each of the innovative, differentiated device platforms within this broad portfolio of injectable drug delivery systems can be tailored to specific customer, drug and patient requirements.
Representatives of Unilife at the conference will include the newest members of the expanded commercial development team who joined the Company earlier this month. Unilife conference representatives will include:
- Michael Ratigan, Senior Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer. Michael has more than 23 years of experience with life science and medical device companies including Becton Dickinson(BD), Stryker Orthopaedicsand two biotechnology companies where he was a co-founder. Prior to joining Unilife, he served as the Commercial Development Director for Self-Administration of Injectable Systems at BD.
- Douglas Stout, Senior Director, Commercial Development. Doug has more than 25 years of industry experience at companies including Pfizer, Abbott, BD and West Pharmaceutical Services. Prior to joining Unilife, he was the Director, Strategic Market Development at West Pharmaceutical Services where he had global responsibility for self-injection system sales.
- Derek Giersch, Senior Director, Commercial Development. Derek has more than ten years of industry experience. His previous role before joining Unilife was Strategic Key Account Manager for BD's pharmaceutical systems division, where he was responsible for launching new injectable drug delivery products.
- Joe Crusco, Senior Director, Commercial Development. Joe has more than a decade of industry experience at companies including BD. Before joining Unilife, he was the North AmericanMarketing and Business Development Director for Datwyler Pharma, where he was responsible for business to business marketing and business development for their target markets in vaccines, diabetic care and biotechnology.
- Jashin Gugnani, Director, Commercial Development. Jashin has more than ten years of experience in category management, business to business sales, brand management, new product development, marketing campaigns and sales force management. Before joining Unilife, he served as a senior brands manager for Kraft Foods.
Pharmaceutical companies seeking to request a meeting with Unilife during the PDA conference are encouraged to contact the Company on email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone + 1 717 384 3400.
About Unilife Corporation
Unilife Corporation (NASDAQ:UNIS / ASX: UNS) is a U.S. based developer and commercial supplier of advanced drug delivery systems. Unilife collaborates with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies seeking innovative, differentiated devices that can enable or enhance the delivery of injectable drugs and vaccines supplied in either a liquid stable or lyophilized form. The Unifill syringe, the world's first and only prefilled syringe with fully integrated safety features, sits at the leading edge of this diversified portfolio. In addition to prefilled and hypodermic safety syringes with automatic, user-controlled needle retraction, Unilife has other proprietary technology platforms including drug reconstitution delivery systems, auto-injectors, auto-infusion pump systems and specialized devices for targeted organ delivery. Unilife's global headquarters and state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities are located in York, PA. For more information on Unilife, please visit www.unilife.com
This press release contains forward-looking statements. All statements that address operating performance, events or developments that we expect or anticipate will occur in the future are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on management's beliefs and assumptions and on information currently available to our management. Our management believes that these forward-looking statements are reasonable as and when made. However, you should not place undue reliance on any such forward-looking statements because such statements speak only as of the date when made. We do not undertake any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law. In addition, forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results, events and developments to differ materially from our historical experience and our present expectations or projections. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, those described in "Item 1A. Risk Factors" and elsewhere in our Annual Report on Form 10-K and those described from time to time in other reports which we file with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Investor Contacts (US):
Investor Contacts (Australia)
Todd Fromer / Garth Russell
KCSA Strategic Communications
P: + 1 212-682-6300
P: + 1 415-202-5678
P: + 61 2 8346 6500
P: + 1 212 843-8490
SOURCE Unilife Corporation