ITHACA, NY and LONDON, ON--(Marketwire - July 06, 2011) - Transonic Systems Inc. of Ithaca, USA and Scisense Inc. of London, Canada announced their merger today. Scisense manufactures advanced products for blood pressure and cardiac pressure volume assessment, while Transonic is an industry leader in biomedical flow measurement technologies and applications.
The newly formed Transonic-Scisense entity combines two biomedical research innovators, both with strong roots in academia. Their combined expertise will pioneer fully-integrated measurement solutions for the heart and cardiovascular research, clinical diagnostic and cardiovascular surgical markets. The companies' products are sold and serviced worldwide from local offices in USA, Canada, Europe, Taiwan and Japan.
Moreover, the unique synergies between the two companies will provide:
- Top-rated, proven cardiovascular solutions recognized by scientific researchers for their versatility and comprehensiveness;
- A broad, unified platform of global research solutions for universities, contract researchers and pharmaceutical companies;
- A world-class service and support organization benefiting from the best-practices and infrastructure investments of both companies;
- A stronger pre-clinical and clinical research market presence, including an expanded international footprint;
- Larger revenue streams that will allow continued investment towards innovation.
Cornelis Drost, founder and CEO of Transonic Systems, comments, "We are most excited about joining forces with Scisense. Together we will be able to provide our customers with a more comprehensive hemodynamic profile for their measurement armamentaria. We also look forward with anticipation to the future innovations that this merger will enable."
"With this merger we are now able to offer our customers complete and exceptional cardiovascular solutions," notes Blair Poetschke, president & CEO of Scisense. "It will also enhance our ability to develop revolutionary products in the near future that will further strengthen our global position."