PHILADELPHIA (20 May 2009) - Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced that it will be showcasing a range of innovative microbiology products at the American Society of Microbiology General Meeting. Debuting its latest technology in heating, freezing and incubation, the company demonstrates its advanced reliability in safeguarding valuable samples. Furthermore, its space-saving centrifuge and shaker series’ will also be featured. These products will be presented on booth 607 at the ASM General Meeting, taking place in Philadelphia from May 18 - 20.
A selection of Thermo Scientific equipment for all sample storage will be on display. Providing a complete solution to any microbiology laboratory, these products ensure that an optimized environment is provided for a reliable performance with repeatable results.
• The Thermo Scientific Revco PLUS HD ultra-low temperature upright freezer range features innovative thin walled insulation (HD) technology to maximize interior storage capacity without increasing the cabinet footprint. The Revco PLUS HD is available in a 25 or 32 cu ft model, with the latter being the world’s largest ultra-low temperature upright freezer with a market-leading capacity of 70,000 samples.
• The Thermo Scientific Precision general purpose oven and incubator lines are suitable for the full range of incubation, heating and drying applications. The Precision® products have easy-to-clean, corrosion-resistant interiors, offering highly reliable operation and enhanced safety to the samples and laboratory personnel.
• The Thermo Scientific HERAcell i range of cell culture CO2 incubators combines the intuitive iCAN™ touch-screen user interface with the proven ContraCon moist heat decontamination technology. Providing a reliable and easy-to-use system, these incubators enable users to culture valuable samples with confidence, providing an environment in which cultures are secured, protected and can thrive.
Also on display will be the easy-to-use, space-saving orbital shaker and centrifuge series. These products enable microbiology protocols to occur in an energy-efficient and user-friendly manner, while occupying minimal laboratory space.
• The Thermo Scientific Sorvall Legend XT three-liter general purpose centrifuge range incorporates market-leading performance and versatility for superior, high throughput processing. With a compact and user-friendly design, energy efficiency is combined with cutting-edge technology to provide extremely reliable resulting data.
• The Thermo Scientific MaxQ 8000 series of stackable shakers offers the highest level of performance, reliability and space savings compared to traditional orbital shakers. This stackable format is an ideal choice for laboratories shaking large quantities with minimal space.
For further information, please visit booth 607 at the ASM General Meeting in Philadelphia, or www.thermo.com.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With 2008 revenues of $10.5 billion, we have more than 34,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. Thermo Scientific offers customers a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.