May 17, 2011 -- The Jackson Laboratory's new Mouse Clique blog provides information and ideas to make life in the lab easier. JAX professionals offer their experiences and insights on relevant research topics, trends, and techniques in mouse-based biomedical research.
Active blog topics include the following:
- Designating Genotypes: What Does "+" Really Mean? – an entertaining aside on gene nomenclature
- Slicing and Dicing Cre/lox – a meaty Cre-lox discourse
- Need Help Genotyping – some pithy paragraphs with potent pointers
- Where Have you Hidden my Mouse?!!! – a guide to help you track down the mouse you're hunting for
- What Does Repository-Live Actually Mean? – an explanation of why we put our mice in different buckets
- Mice Breed Like Rabbits...Right? – some reasons why lab mice might not breed as well as those in your garage
Break out of your routine and check out Mouse Clique today
(http://community.jax.org/jax_mice_services/b/mouse_clique/default.aspx). To comment on posts, create an account by clicking on "join" in the upper right hand corner of the page. We know you'll come back for more.