Montreal, Canada – April 2nd, 2012 – TEMIS, the leading provider of Semantic Content Enrichment solutions for the Enterprise, today announced it has signed a major license and services agreement with SOQUIJ, a legal publisher attached to the Quebec Ministry of Justice.
Created in 1976, SOQUIJ’s mission is to:
- collect, analyze, distribute, and publish legal information originating from Quebec courts and other bodies,
- present this information in the most complete and up-to-date form possible, while ensuring optimal organization and ease of access,
- offer unrivalled expertise, user-friendly tools, exhaustive content, and excellent customer service to legal professionals.
In order to enhance access and the navigation experience for its users, while processing an increasing number of court decisions, SOQUIJ wanted to revamp its content management workflow. Its main objectives were to:
- automate the hyper-linking and cross-referencing of jurisprudence, legislation, laws or bodies of laws, and legal doctrines,
- automatically feed legal knowledge bases,
- create an open and scalable extraction system, based on easy-to-maintain and reusable components while simultaneously offering a development environment,
- process its legacy content to enrich it with hyperlinks,
- reduce editorial costs while increasing volume of content processed.
Following a call for tender in 2011, SOQUIJ selected TEMIS’ semantic content enrichment solution, Luxid®, to achieve its objectives. The Luxid® for Content Enrichment platform, with its unique Skill Cartridge® system, enables the extraction of precise information while processing huge volumes of text, integrating seamlessly with the publisher's editorial system.
Specifically to meet the requirements of this key government office, TEMIS developed a powerful extraction module that identifies references to jurisprudence, legislation, and legal doctrines. The development of this component and the quality assessment of its results were successfully performed using the productivity tools available in the Luxid® platform.
SOQUIJ will use this solution to enrich more than 100,000 legal decisions in Quebec every year as well as its entire collection of legacy content, a total of one million documents including summaries, full texts and legal doctrine.
“The close partnership between SOQUIJ and TEMIS teams contributed to developing a high-quality information extraction system. The integration of annotation results within our production workflow is currently in progress. Luxid® will add value to our back files, bring significant productivity gains to our editorial process, and globally improve the quality of our content. As a next step, we also plan to enhance some existing products and launch innovative digital services to better serve our customers”, said Claude Paul-Hus, Executive Director, SOQUIJ.
“We are glad to announce this prestigious reference in the Canadian legal publishing sector. Our long experience and unrivalled expertise in the analysis of case law decisions convinced SOQUIJ of our ability to successfully meet its ambitious goals”, added Vincent Nibart, Sales Director, TEMIS Canada.
Luxid® automates the semantic enrichment of unstructured texts in order to:
- automatically add links within content or between content and knowledge bases,
- increase the relevance of search engine results,
- create facets to filter search results and drill down to targeted content,
- recommend related or similar documents based on their semantic proximity,
- leverage ontologies to better discover and share content.
Founded in 1976, SOQUIJ publishes case laws of Quebec courts. Its products, printed or digital, are sold to the legal community, both in the business and labor areas. SOQUIJ is attached to the Ministry of Justice of Quebec and operates on a self-funding basis, financed by the sale of its products and services.
TEMIS is the leading provider of Text Analytics-based semantic content enrichment solutions, turning unstructured data into actionable knowledge, enabling advanced content analysis and strategic information discovery. Its flagship Content Enrichment solution, Luxid® automatically associates value-added metadata to content.
TEMIS' innovative solutions address the needs of publishers as well as Enterprises and have attracted the business of leading organizations such as AAAS (American Association for the Advancement of Science), ASM (American Society for Microbiology), BASF, Editions Lefebvre-Sarrut, Elsevier, HCPro, HighWire, IOP Publishing, Nature Publishing Group, Novartis, SAGE, Sanofi-aventis, Simon & Schuster, Springer Science+Business Media, The McGraw-Hill Companies, Thieme, and Thomson Reuters.
Founded in 2000, TEMIS has offices in the United States, Canada, the UK, France and Germany, and is represented worldwide through its network of certified partners.
Tel.: +33 (0)4 56 38 24 03