LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill., July 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sysmex America, Inc., a global leader in medical diagnostic testing equipment and information systems technology, is celebrating its 10-Year Anniversary and leadership in reshaping healthcare at the clinical laboratory level. Over a decade of operation, Sysmex has made a remarkable ascent to the top of the diagnostics market and now holds the number one U.S. position in CBC tests. To mark its position at the forefront of hematology in North America, Sysmex is showcasing 10 historic clinical and operational milestones of progress it has delivered in laboratory medicine to coincide with the American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC) Annual Meeting and Clinical Lab Expo in Houston, TXJuly 28 through August 1, 2013. Sysmex aims to ensure optimal healthcare for all and provides customers around the world with products and solutions that enable in-vitro testing of cells in blood and urine samples.
John Kershaw, President and Chief Executive Officer, Sysmex America, Inc. reflected on the progress of the company and its ability to deliver solutions in response to increased demand for Sysmex hematology, urinalysis and middleware offerings in North America.
"Sysmex America is a success story on so many levels. In 2003, many in the industry did not even know who we were and the leading competitors were entrenched. Breathtaking changes resulting from healthcare reform were taking root," said Kershaw. "Despite these challenges, in just 10 years we have emerged as a formidable diagnostics market leader and have earned the respect and loyalty of our customers, including 9 of the top 10 America's Best hospitals, who have come to know Sysmex for our unsurpassed reliability, integrated automation, technological advancements and clinical excellence. We have set entirely new standards for testing sophistication, capacity and efficiency by developing the most advanced laboratory systems. Ours is an admirable record indeed."
Then and Now
In 2003, Sysmex established its U.S. subsidiary and set its sights on driving profitable growth in the company's largest market based on a robust portfolio of hematology, urinalysis and information solutions that uniquely address clinical performance and efficiency, and integration of systems. At that time, market share and awareness and understanding of Sysmex in the U.S. and Canada was low.
Sysmex America has since realized year-on-year growth that has exceeded company expectations and accommodated a dynamic expansion into international markets in the Americas. With the growth of Sysmex's product demand has come the creation of Sysmex subsidiaries Sysmex Canada, Inc. and Sysmex Latin America and the Caribbean. Sysmex is now the number one analyzer under consideration for acquisition in the next 12 months, according to an Information Dynamics' Hematology MARKET MONITOR survey, and the manufacturer that customers consider most likely to meet their future purchase expectations.
10 Years, 10 Milestones of Progress
Kershaw noted that the 10-year anniversary is a great reminder of how much has been achieved to address patient needs and impact quality outcomes in a new era of accountability. The role Sysmex America has played in catalyzing access to quality and cost effective patient care include the following milestones of progress:
- Milestone One Sysmex earns the highest ratings in instrument reliability in the prestigious IMV ServiceTrak Annual Hematology Survey for 11 consecutive years. As evidenced by the company's Customer Care strategy, Sysmex is committed to a best-in-class service offering that supports Sysmex customers before, during and after analyzer purchase.
- Milestone Two New Sysmex XN-Series delivers advanced hematology analysis features to labs of any size or volume. Introduced in October 2012, the XN-Series has been installed in over 350 North American labs in just nine months post-FDA clearance.
- Milestone Three Sysmex delivers the Sysmex SP-10, its fourth generation automated slidemaker/stainer that is fully integrated with XN-Series hematology analyzers. First introduced in 1993, the Sysmex SP-Series currently enhances the utility of over 1,000 clinical laboratories across North America.
- Milestone Four Sysmex Corporation is recognized as one of the 2012 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, a ranking based on joint research by Canadian publisher Corporate Knights, Bloomberg and other organizations.
- Milestone Five- Sysmex enables customers with a wealth of training options, including the company's most exciting and cutting-edge technology virtual training. Virtual training enables Sysmex customers to learn in their own space at their own pace while reducing the carbon footprint associated with airport travel.
- Milestone Six Sysmex is reshaping the definition of a CBC with clinical support for the adoption of the company's advanced clinical parameters. The adoption of these parameters is giving laboratories greater opportunity to help physicians impact treatment guidelines, care pathways, patient flow, and therefore quality outcomes, regardless of test volume or location.
- Milestone Seven Sysmex America is awarded for employer excellence. Sysmex was named to Center for Companies That Care Honor Roll for fifth consecutive year in recognition of its outstanding workplace practices and active community involvement. Sysmex also named as one of Modern Healthcare's Top 100 Best Places to Work and "Healthcare's Hottest" companies, the only healthcare company to earn all three distinctions.
- Milestone Eight - Used by nearly 700 labs and healthcare facilities in the U.S. and Canada, Sysmex America's hematology specific middleware is helping hematology labs derive the utmost performance from their Sysmex automation solutions by enabling rules-driven auto-validation, management reporting and paperless hands-free processing.
- Milestone Nine-- International expansion means barrier-free access to best-in-class hematology offerings. The Sysmex XP-300, a big update for smaller labs, is introduced to U.S. and Latin America & Caribbean markets.
- Milestone Ten The rich Sysmex heritage in R & D that enables the development of innovative analyzers, reagents and software, is continuing here in America with the opening of an R & D branch at Sysmex America's Mundelein, IL campus. The branch's projects will remain true to the company's mission - advancing healthcare, while doing so with flexibility, individual competence and unsurpassed teamwork.
"I attribute our success to two things," said Kershaw: "A singular focus on our customers and our unique "Sysmex Way" culture, which enable us to not only deliver on our promises but stay a step ahead of market demands and the ever-morphing healthcare environment with agility and advanced technology."
Sysmex at AACC
During the AACC meeting, Sysmex will host a comprehensive program of educational presentations at the Sysmex booth #2149. For more information: http://sysmexconnect.com.
Sysmex associates from all over the world will be available to speak with clinical laboratory professionals about the Sysmex integrated automation for hematology, middleware, cell image analysis and Customer Care services at the Sysmex booth.
AACC is the world's largest gathering of clinical laboratory professionals including laboratory management, researchers, GPOs and product development specialists and hosts the largest exposition of clinical laboratory products and services in the world.
About Sysmex America, Inc.
Sysmex America, Inc., in Lincolnshire, Illinois, the U.S. headquarters of Sysmex Corporation (Kobe, Japan), is a trusted world leader in clinical laboratory systemization and solutions that optimize the clinical utility, operational efficiency and financial performance of the lab. Sysmex America distributes and supports a diversified portfolio of best-in-class automated in vitro diagnostic hematology, coagulation and urinalysis analyzers, reagents and information systems for laboratories and healthcare facilities throughout the Western Hemisphere. The Company's unwavering commitment to clinical excellence and technological innovation is reflected in the Sysmex brand and its distinguished heritage of unsurpassed reliability. Sysmex is reshaping the healthcare of tomorrow at the clinical laboratory level by transcending the boundaries of diagnostic science and serving as the pulse of reliable, accountable care. For more information about Sysmex, please visit www.sysmex.com/us
SOURCE Sysmex America