SAN DIEGO, July 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Synteract, Inc., a full-service contract research organization (CRO), will host the roundtable, "Beyond number-crunching and data-monitoring: challenging roles for CRO statisticians," at the Joint Statistical Meetings (JSM), on August 1, 2012 at 12:30 p.m., PDT. The roundtable will be moderated by Jia Hu, biostatistician II, from Synteract. JSM is the largest gathering of statisticians held in North America, attended by more than 6,000 people. JSM 2012 will be held in San Diego at the San Diego Convention Center July 28 August 2.
The roundtable is aligned with the company's Shared Work Shared Vision approach to doing business, furthering collaboration with clients to support their Phase I-IV clinical development objectives. Roundtable highlights include:
- How CRO statisticians can impact the speed and efficiency of clinical trials by providing feedback on study rationale, design and procedures
- Why it is beneficial for CRO statisticians to provide comprehensive clinical analysis
- Insights into the collaborative model for doing clinical research and why it is essential to successful study conduct as competition increases in the clinical trial arena
- Discussion of the challenges facing CRO statisticians to remain proactive and collaborative as drug development grows in complexity and sponsor demands increase to keep pace
- How biostatistics teams can adjust to new strategic roles beyond traditional passive data analysis and monitoring
JSM is held jointly with the American Statistical Association, the International Biometric Society (ENAR and WNAR), the Institute of Mathematical Statistics, the Statistical Society of Canada, the International Chinese Statistical Association, and the International Indian Statistical Association. The conference has sold out this year; however, for more information on attending or registering for next year, visit the JSM website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The JSM roundtable is another opportunity for Synteract to share its expertise and thought leadership on topics relevant to the industry and its client base. The company unveiled its new branding at DIA 2012 to highlight its partnership approach and full-range of Phase I-IV services and will be hosting a CDISC workshop at its North Carolina office in August. The company is also hiring and plans to augment the already notable breadth of expertise it offers biotechnology, medical device, and pharmaceutical companies.
About Synteract (www.synteract.com)
Synteract is a full-service contract research organization with a successful 17-year track record supporting biotechnology, medical device and pharmaceutical companies in all phases of clinical development. With its "Shared Work Shared Vision" philosophy Synteract provides customized Phase I through IV services collaboratively and cost effectively to ensure on-time delivery of quality data so clients get to decision points faster. Headquartered in California, with offices in North Carolina and the Czech Republic, Synteract delivers trials internationally, offering expertise across multiple therapeutic areas including notable depth in oncology, CNS, cardiovascular, respiratory and ophthalmology.
Clearpoint Agency, for Synteract