BioSpace.com

Biotech and Pharmaceutical
News & Jobs
Search the Site
 
   
Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Channel Medical Device and Diagnostics Channel Clinical Research Channel BioSpace Collaborative    Job Seekers:  Register | Login          Employers:  Register | Login  

NEWSLETTERS
Free Newsletters
Archive
My Subscriptions

NEWS
News by Subject
News by Disease
News by Date
PLoS
Search News
Post Your News
JoVE

CAREER NETWORK
Job Seeker Login
Most Recent Jobs
Browse Biotech Jobs
Search Jobs
Post Resume
Career Fairs
Career Resources
For Employers

HOTBEDS
Regional News
US & Canada
  Biotech Bay
  Biotech Beach
  Genetown
  Pharm Country
  BioCapital
  BioMidwest
  Bio NC
  BioForest
  Southern Pharm
  BioCanada East
  US Device
Europe
Asia

DIVERSITY

INVESTOR
Market Summary
News
IPOs

PROFILES
Company Profiles

START UPS
Companies
Events

INTELLIGENCE
Research Store

INDUSTRY EVENTS
Biotech Events
Post an Event
RESOURCES
Real Estate
Business Opportunities

 News | News By Subject | News by Disease News By Date | Search News
eNewsletter Signup
Miles
Km80.5

   

Roche (RHHBY) Absorbs New Setback for Avastin as Cancer Treatment


12/9/2011 8:37:50 AM

Another trial of Avastin as a treatment for metastatic breast cancer has fallen short. The Genentech cancer drug lost its approval last month as a treatment for breast cancer after years of emotional and political controversy. The latest trial, had it been more successful, could have paved the way for a new approval. That is because it tested Avastin as a treatment for the roughly 20 percent of breast cancers that have elevated levels of the Her2 protein. The old and now revoked approval was for the other 80 percent of tumors that are Her2-negative. All the patients in the trial received Genentech’s Herceptin, a mainstay of treatment for Her2-positive cancer, as well as the chemotherapy drug docetaxel. Some women were randomized to also receive Avastin.

Read at New York Times

Roche
 
 

ADD TO DEL.ICIO.US    ADD TO DIGG    ADD TO FURL    ADD TO STUMBLEUPON    ADD TO TECHNORATI FAVORITES