News | News By Subject | News by Disease News By Date | Search News
Get Our FREE
Industry eNewsletter
email:    
   

"Popcorn Lung" Lawsuit Nets $7.2M Award



9/20/2012 9:05:46 AM

Wayne Watson’s love of popcorn almost turned deadly after he developed respiratory problems in 2007 known as “popcorn lung.” Watson, a Denver native, says he ate about two bags of popcorn everyday for 10 years, and developed the rare disease possibly from inhaling the artificial butter smell of the microwave popcorn. On Wednesday, Watson won a $7.2 million verdict against Gilster-Mary Lee Corp., The Kroger Co. and Dillon Companies Inc., for his illness.

Read at ABC News


comments powered by Disqus
ABC News
 
 

ADD TO DEL.ICIO.US    ADD TO DIGG    ADD TO FURL    ADD TO STUMBLEUPON    ADD TO TECHNORATI FAVORITES