SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ASCB 2009 – PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on the health and safety of people and the environment, today announced the introduction of a wide range of new tools to improve the speed and effectiveness of life sciences research. These new products offer a higher degree of sensitivity, precision, and ease of use that allow for more physiologically relevant results in researching several diseases including cancer, inflammatory, and neurodegenerative disorders.
"PerkinElmer continues to play an integral part at the American Society of Cell Biology’s annual conference by offering a range of solutions for cell signal transduction,” said Richard M. Eglen, PhD, president, Bio-discovery, PerkinElmer. "This year we are introducing several new tools to study cell pathways, including many novel cellular and biochemical assays, 3D live cell imaging and innovative data management software, and a new ultra-sensitive luminescent plate reader. All of these tools enable scientists to improve the speed and efficiency of their research.”
The new technologies featured at PerkinElmer's American Society of Cell Biology Conference (Booth No. 1121) include:
* 22 New AlphaScreen®SureFire® assays – to detect endogenous cellular kinases with “No Wash” cellular kinase and signaling pathway kits.
* 24 New AlphaLISA® “No Wash” Immunoassay kits – for biomarker detection including non-human targets with four new mouse-specific kits.
* 18 New GPCR ready-to-use frozen cell lines – expanding the Company’s portfolio to more than 64 validated cell lines targeted at a wide range of key disease states.
* 7 New LANCE® Ultra TR-FRET assay products – increasing the number of kinases that can be tested to over 300.
* 12 New 3H and 125I radioligands – increasing our portfolio to over 1,000 NEN® radiochemicals.
* New neolite™ reporter gene assay – providing increased sensitivity and extended luminescence read time.
* New TSA™ Plus biotin kits – increasing sensitivity of histo- and cytochemistry as much as 10 to 20 times.
* New Volocity® 5.3 – offering real time 3D imaging that displays fully rendered 3D results as they are acquired. Volocity Acquisition has improved hardware control and increased options for experimental design, increasing its power and flexibility.
* New EnSpire™ Multilabel Plate Reader with ultra-sensitive luminescence and temperature control – delivering high performance detection and easy to use software in an affordable platform adaptable for any size laboratory.
* JANUS® Automated Workstation – an automated liquid handling platform providing real-time and future adaptability in throughput, plate capacity and dynamic volume range. It is easy to use and flexible to support a wide array of application needs.
* MicroBeta2™ Plate Counters – combining liquid scintillation counting reliability and luminescence detection with plate reader simplicity to save time, consumables and reduce waste.
* UltraVIEW® VoX 3D Live Cell Imaging System – the only 3D spinning disk system offering integrated image acquisition to analysis for multiple applications.
* Operetta™ Compact High Content Screening System– the first high content screening (HCS) system with an entirely workflow designed user interface.
* Columbus™ Image Data Management System– the latest edition of this high volume image data management and analysis solution provides users with faster interfacing between their images and data management, and is fully web-enabled – making it usable without software installation.
PerkinElmer events at the conference include the following:
PerkinElmer’s Exhibitor Showcase: “Cells in Context”
Mon., Dec. 7th, 7 a.m.-9 a.m., Convention Center, Room 11 A/B
Come explore the knowledge, expertise and growing innovation of PerkinElmer’s products and applications that are helping to make continued advancements in the research of cell signaling and transduction. There will be a series of short presentations offering an overview of the leading solutions for the future of cellular biological research all under one roof.
3D Live Cell Imaging Seminar
Mon., Dec. 7th, 4 p.m., Omni San Diego Hotel, Salon B
Explore live cell imaging and discover the benefits of 3D image acquisition and analysis during a series of brief educational presentations from guest scientists and from PerkinElmer’s imaging experts. This symposium will discuss and showcase some of the new techniques and technologies that are addressing today’s challenges in cellular imaging and analysis.
Beyond ELISA Workshop
Mon., Dec. 7th, 4-7:45 p.m., Omni San Diego Hotel, Salon A
Join us to learn how leading researchers are discovering how new technologies are impacting their analyses of biomarkers and cellular kinases. At this ground-breaking seminar, guests will hear directly from their peers about the advanced methodologies that are making a difference in their research.
For more detail on all of PerkinElmer’s activities, visit http://www.perkinelmer.com/ASCB2009.
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of approximately $2 billion in 2008, has around 8,500 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through www.perkinelmer.com or 1-877-PKI-NYSE.
Kim McCrossen, 781-663-5871