News by Subject
News by Disease
News by Date
Post Your News
Job Seeker Login
Most Recent Jobs
Browse Biotech Jobs
US & Canada
Post an Event
News | News By Subject | News by Disease |
News By Date | Search News
Panasonic Corporation of North America (PC) Unveils CardioHealth(R) Station - First Comprehensive Screening Solution to Detect Heart Disease in Asymptomatic Population
11/15/2010 7:19:19 AM
CHICAGO, Nov. 14, 2010 /PRNewswire/ --
You are invited to demo a new tool for personalized preventive medicine called CardioHealth® Station from Panasonic Healthcare Co., Ltd. Currently applying for FDA clearance, this comprehensive risk assessment tool, includes a powerful ultrasound engine, offering real-time detection of the thickness of the C-IMT and detects plaque in the carotid artery. This is the first comprehensive solution for screening and unlike anything else out there. It cuts out most of the time consuming steps, making this a potentially 5-minute (not a 30 minute) exam. It also gathers all the relevant data and produces a report to help the doctor explain the findings to the patient.
Experts are available to meet to demo the device, which is currently pending FDA clearance.
- This device is designed to help doctors in screening for early detection of high risk patients in the asymptomatic population.
- It was found in a recent multi-institution study that certain patients can be reclassified from "Low or Intermediate Risk" to "High Risk" by looking at the carotid-intima media thickness and the presence of plaque in that patient.
- This device will enable rapid detection of thickened carotid arteries.
- The innovative automation technology in the CardioHealth® Station enables testing that used to be difficult and impractical to do on a mass basis.
- The device is operator-independent, provides real-time report and aims to help reduce overall healthcare costs.
- Patient-Specific Benefits:
- Improves the speed of screening the exam is expected to take approximately 5 minutes or less.
- Reduces interpretation time, so the report can be quickly made and the doctor can show the patient any problems that are detected and discuss implications and treatment options.
- Less intrusive for patients (can be done in a doctor's office, fully clothed)
- Why Panasonic?
The president of Panasonic Corporation, Fumio Ohtsubo, recently announced that Healthcare is one of the 6 pillars of Panasonic's future. CardioHealth® Station will be the company's flagship product in the area of Personalized Preventative Medicine. Until recently, Panasonic has focused its healthcare products mostly on Japan and then adapted them for the US market. However, this product was developed specifically for the US market.
Steven Lynum, Director Clinical Products, Panasonic Healthcare Group, Panasonic Corporation of North America can demo the CardioHealth® Station and discuss Panasonic's strategy.
Matthew Budoff, MD, FACC, FAHA, Professor of Medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA & Director of Cardiac CT at Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center in Torrance, CA, can discuss the importance of screening tools for non-invasive atherosclerosis imaging. ***Dr. Budoff is available by appointment only.***
American Heart Association Scientific Sessions
Panasonic Booth #1831 at McCormick Place, Chicago, IL
Sunday, November 14 11:00AM-05:00PM, Monday, November 15 09:00AM-05:00PM*
*Additional media access times available upon request